The King of Graphics Card - R5870 Lightning Broke Six World Records
Excellent Overclocking Capability for Unparalleled Performance
[Taipei, Taiwan] GPU clock is boosted over 1400MHz!! With excellent overclocking capability, R5870 Lightning is the king of graphics card. At MSI/AMD Lightning Overclocking Contest 2010, Taiwan overclocker_NickShih achieved P28749 of 3DMark Vantage marks, which is the highest record at the contest. More impressively, NickShih demonstrated his incredible 1485MHz GPU clock and now he is the holder of six world records from his extreme overclocking of R5870 Lightning. Let us marvel at the ultimate overclocking performance of R5870 Lightning!
Create Six World Records in One Fell Swoop
NickShih, Taiwan overclocker, is currently far ahead with 3DMark Vantage score of P28749 at the MSI/AMD Lightning Overclocking Contest. Furthermore, NickShih did extreme overclocking by MSI R5870 Lightning with LN2 cooling solution to boost GPU clock up to 1480MHz which is the highest clock of HD 5870. He created six world records in the Single Card 3DMark03, Single Card 3Dmark05, Single Card 3DMark06, Single Card 3DMark Vantage, Multi Card 3DMark Vantage, and Single Card AquaMark. These world records are fine examples to show the overclocking capability of R5870 Lightning.
* Extreme Overclocking_R5870 Lightning under LN2
* Single Core Card_3DMark Vantage: P31007 & GPU clock: 1485 MHz
MSI R5870 Lightning is brilliantly equipped with 15-phase power design, two 8-PIN external power connectors, and LPL (Lightning Power Layer) specific PCB layout for sufficient power supply. With more features, including the industry first all Hi-C CAP for GPU, Twin Frozr II thermal design, 8mm SuperPipe technology, form-in-one heatsink, over-voltage function of GPU and etc., R5870 Lightning is a graphics card designed for overclocking and built for hardcore users.
Final Call for Lightning Challenge
Do you want to surmount NickShih's record and win a grand prize? Before March 25th 5PM (GMT), visit the event website and upload your 3DMark Vantage P-score by MSI R5870 Lightning for a chance to win prizes up to USD1000.
On the other hand, the general users who are interested in overclocking can also participate in the Precision Challenge and the winner is awarded a R5870 Lightning graphics card. Moreover, participants matching the weekly score will get the game Shattered Horizon, a first person shooter from Futuremark. Logon and join in the challenges now!
Latest News Posts
- ASUS X99-E 10G WS motherboard goes all out with speed
- Xbox One's permanent $299 price drop clearly signals new Xbox hardware
- AMD's new 7th gen APUs: specs, perf-per-watt and more announced
- ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard supports quad GPUs
- AMD reveals Zen Summit Ridge CPU at Computex
- Z777 PRO4 bios
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- work faster, play longer with new mobile 7th heneration AMD A-Series processors
- Radeon RX 480 set to drive premium VR experiences into the hands of millions of consumers; starting at just $199
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD