-- GIGABYTE Captures 1/3 of Global USB 3.0 Market Share --
-- Undisputed Leader With USB 3.0 Motherboard Shipments of 1 Million --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - March 22, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly announced that they have reached an industry milestone of 1 million SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) motherboards shipped, making GIGABYTE the single most widely adopted SuperSpeed USB platform in the world.
GIGABYTE SuperSpeed USB motherboards support USB 3.0 technology through an onboard NEC µPD720200 host controller - the world's first (and only to date) USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) certified SuperSpeed USB controller. According to their March 17, 2010, press release, NEC has shipped a total of 3 million host controllers since beginning mass production in September, 2009. Having shipped 1 million USB 3.0 equipped motherboards, GIGABYTE motherboards now account for 1/3 of the total USB 3.0 host products currently available in the market, including USB 3.0 enabled desktop motherboards, notebooks, PCI Express cards, etc...
"Reaching the 1 million USB 3.0 products mark is a testament to GIGABYTE's strategy of innovating for the high-end product category, and then driving those innovations down through our product line quicker than our competitors in order to boost sales volumes," said Henry Kao, Senior Vice President, Motherboard Business Unit, GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "Today, one out of three SuperSpeed USB platforms on the market feature a GIGABYTE motherboard because we have a top-to-bottom range of desktop motherboards that are globally available as Windows 7 breathes new life into the desktop PC market. There could not be a better time to launch a USB 3.0 product!"
The extensive range of GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are based on Intel® X58, P55, H57, H55, P45 and P43 chipsets, as well as AMD 790FX, 790X, 770, 785G chipsets (and the soon to be released AMD 800 series of chipsets). In addition to providing USB 3.0 on its motherboards, GIGABYTE is also working with USB 3.0 device vendors to develop the USB 3.0 ecosystem through cross-validation, debugging and co-promotion activities. More information is available by visiting http://www.usb3motherboard.com.
With super fast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, USB 3.0 allows users to experience up to 10x faster data transfer rates over Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users continued use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features, including increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate high power devices.
Latest News Posts
- Google to punish mobile sites with intrusive advertising
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L