-- GIGABYTE Captures 1/3 of Global USB 3.0 Market Share --
-- Undisputed Leader With USB 3.0 Motherboard Shipments of 1 Million --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - March 22, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly announced that they have reached an industry milestone of 1 million SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) motherboards shipped, making GIGABYTE the single most widely adopted SuperSpeed USB platform in the world.
GIGABYTE SuperSpeed USB motherboards support USB 3.0 technology through an onboard NEC µPD720200 host controller - the world's first (and only to date) USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) certified SuperSpeed USB controller. According to their March 17, 2010, press release, NEC has shipped a total of 3 million host controllers since beginning mass production in September, 2009. Having shipped 1 million USB 3.0 equipped motherboards, GIGABYTE motherboards now account for 1/3 of the total USB 3.0 host products currently available in the market, including USB 3.0 enabled desktop motherboards, notebooks, PCI Express cards, etc...
"Reaching the 1 million USB 3.0 products mark is a testament to GIGABYTE's strategy of innovating for the high-end product category, and then driving those innovations down through our product line quicker than our competitors in order to boost sales volumes," said Henry Kao, Senior Vice President, Motherboard Business Unit, GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "Today, one out of three SuperSpeed USB platforms on the market feature a GIGABYTE motherboard because we have a top-to-bottom range of desktop motherboards that are globally available as Windows 7 breathes new life into the desktop PC market. There could not be a better time to launch a USB 3.0 product!"
The extensive range of GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are based on Intel® X58, P55, H57, H55, P45 and P43 chipsets, as well as AMD 790FX, 790X, 770, 785G chipsets (and the soon to be released AMD 800 series of chipsets). In addition to providing USB 3.0 on its motherboards, GIGABYTE is also working with USB 3.0 device vendors to develop the USB 3.0 ecosystem through cross-validation, debugging and co-promotion activities. More information is available by visiting http://www.usb3motherboard.com.
With super fast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, USB 3.0 allows users to experience up to 10x faster data transfer rates over Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users continued use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features, including increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate high power devices.
Latest News Posts
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched