-- GIGABYTE Captures 1/3 of Global USB 3.0 Market Share --
-- Undisputed Leader With USB 3.0 Motherboard Shipments of 1 Million --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - March 22, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly announced that they have reached an industry milestone of 1 million SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) motherboards shipped, making GIGABYTE the single most widely adopted SuperSpeed USB platform in the world.
GIGABYTE SuperSpeed USB motherboards support USB 3.0 technology through an onboard NEC µPD720200 host controller - the world's first (and only to date) USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) certified SuperSpeed USB controller. According to their March 17, 2010, press release, NEC has shipped a total of 3 million host controllers since beginning mass production in September, 2009. Having shipped 1 million USB 3.0 equipped motherboards, GIGABYTE motherboards now account for 1/3 of the total USB 3.0 host products currently available in the market, including USB 3.0 enabled desktop motherboards, notebooks, PCI Express cards, etc...
"Reaching the 1 million USB 3.0 products mark is a testament to GIGABYTE's strategy of innovating for the high-end product category, and then driving those innovations down through our product line quicker than our competitors in order to boost sales volumes," said Henry Kao, Senior Vice President, Motherboard Business Unit, GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "Today, one out of three SuperSpeed USB platforms on the market feature a GIGABYTE motherboard because we have a top-to-bottom range of desktop motherboards that are globally available as Windows 7 breathes new life into the desktop PC market. There could not be a better time to launch a USB 3.0 product!"
The extensive range of GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are based on Intel® X58, P55, H57, H55, P45 and P43 chipsets, as well as AMD 790FX, 790X, 770, 785G chipsets (and the soon to be released AMD 800 series of chipsets). In addition to providing USB 3.0 on its motherboards, GIGABYTE is also working with USB 3.0 device vendors to develop the USB 3.0 ecosystem through cross-validation, debugging and co-promotion activities. More information is available by visiting http://www.usb3motherboard.com.
With super fast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, USB 3.0 allows users to experience up to 10x faster data transfer rates over Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users continued use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features, including increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate high power devices.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines