-- GIGABYTE Captures 1/3 of Global USB 3.0 Market Share --
-- Undisputed Leader With USB 3.0 Motherboard Shipments of 1 Million --
TAIPEI, Taiwan - March 22, 2010 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today proudly announced that they have reached an industry milestone of 1 million SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) motherboards shipped, making GIGABYTE the single most widely adopted SuperSpeed USB platform in the world.
GIGABYTE SuperSpeed USB motherboards support USB 3.0 technology through an onboard NEC µPD720200 host controller - the world's first (and only to date) USB Implementer's Forum (USB-IF) certified SuperSpeed USB controller. According to their March 17, 2010, press release, NEC has shipped a total of 3 million host controllers since beginning mass production in September, 2009. Having shipped 1 million USB 3.0 equipped motherboards, GIGABYTE motherboards now account for 1/3 of the total USB 3.0 host products currently available in the market, including USB 3.0 enabled desktop motherboards, notebooks, PCI Express cards, etc...
"Reaching the 1 million USB 3.0 products mark is a testament to GIGABYTE's strategy of innovating for the high-end product category, and then driving those innovations down through our product line quicker than our competitors in order to boost sales volumes," said Henry Kao, Senior Vice President, Motherboard Business Unit, GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "Today, one out of three SuperSpeed USB platforms on the market feature a GIGABYTE motherboard because we have a top-to-bottom range of desktop motherboards that are globally available as Windows 7 breathes new life into the desktop PC market. There could not be a better time to launch a USB 3.0 product!"
The extensive range of GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are based on Intel® X58, P55, H57, H55, P45 and P43 chipsets, as well as AMD 790FX, 790X, 770, 785G chipsets (and the soon to be released AMD 800 series of chipsets). In addition to providing USB 3.0 on its motherboards, GIGABYTE is also working with USB 3.0 device vendors to develop the USB 3.0 ecosystem through cross-validation, debugging and co-promotion activities. More information is available by visiting http://www.usb3motherboard.com.
With super fast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, USB 3.0 allows users to experience up to 10x faster data transfer rates over Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users continued use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features, including increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate high power devices.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- American Crime Story will stream exclusively on Netflix
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio