Withings WiFi Connected Body Scale Integrates with Microsoft® HealthVault
Withings collaborates with Microsoft to enable users to upload their weight management data into their HealthVault profiles
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France - March 22, 2010 - Withings, maker of the world's first WiFi connected personal scale, today announced its integration with HealthVault, a personal health record platform that enables users to securely gather, store and share their medical information online. . By joining the network of HealthVault-compatible devices, weight, lean and fat mass, as well as BMI readings from the Withings WiFi Body Scale can now seamlessly be uploaded into a user's HealthVault profile using the scale's built-in WiFi connection.
"Weight control and management is the first step in living a healthier life," said Cedric Hutchings, Withings General Manager. "Our scale helps users by allowing them to track their weight and manage goals more easily. Now, the HealthVault service integration makes it even easier to keep track of this important information by storing it with the rest of their medical records."
"The Withings WiFi scale is a beautifully-designed and compelling addition to the HealthVault ecosystem of third-party health services and at-home devices," said Sean Nolan, chief architect for the Health Solutions Group at Microsoft Corp. "By linking with HealthVault, Withings users will be able to better manage their health by sharing weight, fat mass and BMI information with other innovative services and applications that support them in reaching their health, wellness and fitness goals."
The WiFi Body Scale is an innovative product that transforms an ordinary bathroom scale into an automatic weight tracking device. It wirelessly records a user's body weight, lean & fat mass, and calculated body mass index (BMI) onto his/her own secure webpage and/or free Withings iPhone application, WiScale. The scale can track up to eight users. For more information on the scale's features click here. Also, if enabled by each of the users, the scale can automatically "Tweet" their information to their followers in order to obtain motivation and encouragement [more info on that feature here].
Withings is a French start-up established by three executives from the technology and telecom industry. With a focus on the innovation and design for everyday products, Withings introduced in September 2009 its first-of-its-kind WiFi Bodyscale in the United States. For more information on Withings, visit http://www.withings.com .
About Microsoft® HealthVault:
Microsoft® HealthVault is a personal health application platform designed to put consumers in control of their health information. HealthVault provides a privacy- and security-enhanced foundation on which a broad ecosystem of providers can build innovative health and wellness solutions such as personal health records, disease management, fitness, weight loss and other Web applications. HealthVault can be used to collect and store health information that would otherwise reside in disparate systems and transfer the information between a variety of providers' health services and systems. It enables the reuse and free flow of interoperable and transportable personal health information. For more information, visit http://www.HealthVault.com.
Latest News Posts
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015