Withings WiFi Connected Body Scale Integrates with MicrosoftÂ® HealthVaultÂ™
Withings collaborates with Microsoft to enable users to upload their weight management data into their HealthVault profiles
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France - March 22, 2010 - Withings, maker of the world's first WiFi connected personal scale, today announced its integration with HealthVault, a personal health record platform that enables users to securely gather, store and share their medical information online. . By joining the network of HealthVault-compatible devices, weight, lean and fat mass, as well as BMI readings from the Withings WiFi Body Scale can now seamlessly be uploaded into a user's HealthVault profile using the scale's built-in WiFi connection.
"Weight control and management is the first step in living a healthier life," said Cedric Hutchings, Withings General Manager. "Our scale helps users by allowing them to track their weight and manage goals more easily. Now, the HealthVault service integration makes it even easier to keep track of this important information by storing it with the rest of their medical records."
"The Withings WiFi scale is a beautifully-designed and compelling addition to the HealthVault ecosystem of third-party health services and at-home devices," said Sean Nolan, chief architect for the Health Solutions Group at Microsoft Corp. "By linking with HealthVault, Withings users will be able to better manage their health by sharing weight, fat mass and BMI information with other innovative services and applications that support them in reaching their health, wellness and fitness goals."
The WiFi Body Scale is an innovative product that transforms an ordinary bathroom scale into an automatic weight tracking device. It wirelessly records a user's body weight, lean & fat mass, and calculated body mass index (BMI) onto his/her own secure webpage and/or free Withings iPhone application, WiScale. The scale can track up to eight users. For more information on the scale's features click here. Also, if enabled by each of the users, the scale can automatically "Tweet" their information to their followers in order to obtain motivation and encouragement [more info on that feature here].
Withings is a French start-up established by three executives from the technology and telecom industry. With a focus on the innovation and design for everyday products, Withings introduced in September 2009 its first-of-its-kind WiFi Bodyscale in the United States. For more information on Withings, visit http://www.withings.com .
About MicrosoftÂ® HealthVault:
MicrosoftÂ® HealthVault is a personal health application platform designed to put consumers in control of their health information. HealthVault provides a privacy- and security-enhanced foundation on which a broad ecosystem of providers can build innovative health and wellness solutions such as personal health records, disease management, fitness, weight loss and other Web applications. HealthVault can be used to collect and store health information that would otherwise reside in disparate systems and transfer the information between a variety of providers' health services and systems. It enables the reuse and free flow of interoperable and transportable personal health information. For more information, visit http://www.HealthVault.com.
Latest News Posts
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- Backward compatible games now up on Xbox One store
- Battlefield 1 has shifting anthology style campaign
- Valve asked to pull No Man's Sky bullshots off Steam
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now