Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14 and Thinkpad Edge 15 Ship This Week
Lenovo today announced it is sharpening its focus on small to medium businesses (SMB) from top to bottom, beginning with the introduction of new products like the ThinkPad Edge 14 and 15 inch laptops. Designed for style and sophistication, select models offer an elegant backlit keyboard. The ThinkPad Edge laptops are already powering innovative SMBs like the Cupcake Stop in New York City. Lenovo also announced today the debut of new attention-grabbing worldwide ads showcasing the imagination, engineering and proven ability of Think-branded PC products.
"We're creating a full SMB program, starting with products like the ThinkPad Edge 14 and 15 inch laptops," said Jerry Paradise, director, Worldwide ThinkPad Product Marketing, Lenovo. "We have seen strong demand already for the ThinkPad Edge 13 inch, and we'll continue to expand the ThinkPad Edge lineup going forward, extending the same leadership in innovation, quality and reliability in SMB that we're known for with large enterprise customers."
Edge Out the Competition
Starting at just $599, the affordable ThinkPad Edge laptops combine price, productivity features SMBs need like fast processing, wireless options and voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) features, in a sleek, modern design. The laptops come equipped with:
Choices of the latest Intel Core i5 and i3 Series as well as Celeron processors
Strong VoIP features including high resolution cameras and an HD LED screen
Array of multimedia with optional AMD discrete graphics, DVD/RW or optional Blu-Ray, VGA and HDMI out for watching HD content and a 7-in1 multicard reader
Choices of wireless technologies including 4G, 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth
Comfortable spill-resistant new contemporary-style ThinkPad keyboard with multitouch touchpad
Heatwave red or midnight black finishes
To help save busy SMBs time and money, Lenovo also includes ThinkVantage Technologies (TVT) productivity tools. TVTs like Rescue and Recovery help recover lost or corrupted files while Access Connections helps easily connect and manage Internet connections.
A Sweet Business Edge
SMB owner and entrepreneur Lev Ekster created a hit recently with the first mobile cupcake shop in New York City - the Cupcake Stop. Ekster relies on the ThinkPad Edge 13 inch laptop to help him run and grow the business. He uses it for ordering supplies, developing menus, processing payroll and even marketing his business through social media like Facebook and Twitter.
"I spend nearly 95% of my day out of the office, so having an ultra-mobile laptop that can keep up with me is extremely important," said Lev Ekster, owner, the Cupcake Stop. "With the ThinkPad Edge, I can focus on my business, whether I'm at home, in the truck or on my way to a new partner meeting. I use WiFi and AT&T's 3G broadband service to message customers my location and the cupcake of the day. The laptop handles the different office tasks I throw at it, and it fits my image and style as an ambitious, focused small business owner."
So far, the ThinkPad Edge laptop has helped Ekster send 1,000 tweets, 50 Facebook posts, process 300 employee hours and run 11 hours a day on average.
AT&T's 3G service is available on a full range of Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, which come factory-equipped with built-in mobile broadband modules that are enabled for AT&T LaptopConnect. The service provides extensive broadband access both domestically and internationally.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkPad 14 and 15 inch laptops are available now through business partners, http://www.lenovo.com and leading retailers including Best Buy for Business stores beginning in April. Pricing for select models starts at approximately $599.
Latest News Posts
- Slightly Mad Studios says that Project Cars 'loves' DirectX 12
- Internet playboy celebrity called out - Dan Bilzerian shares morals
- ASUS set to unveil a new Android tablet line called ZenPad at Computex
- Naughty Dog rumored to soon unveil Uncharted Remastered for the PS4
- Colorful is aiming to become second largest GPU vendor
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- Upgrade M8
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015