Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14 and Thinkpad Edge 15 Ship This Week
Lenovo today announced it is sharpening its focus on small to medium businesses (SMB) from top to bottom, beginning with the introduction of new products like the ThinkPad Edge 14 and 15 inch laptops. Designed for style and sophistication, select models offer an elegant backlit keyboard. The ThinkPad Edge laptops are already powering innovative SMBs like the Cupcake Stop in New York City. Lenovo also announced today the debut of new attention-grabbing worldwide ads showcasing the imagination, engineering and proven ability of Think-branded PC products.
"We're creating a full SMB program, starting with products like the ThinkPad Edge 14 and 15 inch laptops," said Jerry Paradise, director, Worldwide ThinkPad Product Marketing, Lenovo. "We have seen strong demand already for the ThinkPad Edge 13 inch, and we'll continue to expand the ThinkPad Edge lineup going forward, extending the same leadership in innovation, quality and reliability in SMB that we're known for with large enterprise customers."
Edge Out the Competition
Starting at just $599, the affordable ThinkPad Edge laptops combine price, productivity features SMBs need like fast processing, wireless options and voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) features, in a sleek, modern design. The laptops come equipped with:
Choices of the latest Intel Core i5 and i3 Series as well as Celeron processors
Strong VoIP features including high resolution cameras and an HD LED screen
Array of multimedia with optional AMD discrete graphics, DVD/RW or optional Blu-Ray, VGA and HDMI out for watching HD content and a 7-in1 multicard reader
Choices of wireless technologies including 4G, 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth
Comfortable spill-resistant new contemporary-style ThinkPad keyboard with multitouch touchpad
Heatwave red or midnight black finishes
To help save busy SMBs time and money, Lenovo also includes ThinkVantage Technologies (TVT) productivity tools. TVTs like Rescue and Recovery help recover lost or corrupted files while Access Connections helps easily connect and manage Internet connections.
A Sweet Business Edge
SMB owner and entrepreneur Lev Ekster created a hit recently with the first mobile cupcake shop in New York City - the Cupcake Stop. Ekster relies on the ThinkPad Edge 13 inch laptop to help him run and grow the business. He uses it for ordering supplies, developing menus, processing payroll and even marketing his business through social media like Facebook and Twitter.
"I spend nearly 95% of my day out of the office, so having an ultra-mobile laptop that can keep up with me is extremely important," said Lev Ekster, owner, the Cupcake Stop. "With the ThinkPad Edge, I can focus on my business, whether I'm at home, in the truck or on my way to a new partner meeting. I use WiFi and AT&T's 3G broadband service to message customers my location and the cupcake of the day. The laptop handles the different office tasks I throw at it, and it fits my image and style as an ambitious, focused small business owner."
So far, the ThinkPad Edge laptop has helped Ekster send 1,000 tweets, 50 Facebook posts, process 300 employee hours and run 11 hours a day on average.
AT&T's 3G service is available on a full range of Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, which come factory-equipped with built-in mobile broadband modules that are enabled for AT&T LaptopConnect. The service provides extensive broadband access both domestically and internationally.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkPad 14 and 15 inch laptops are available now through business partners, http://www.lenovo.com and leading retailers including Best Buy for Business stores beginning in April. Pricing for select models starts at approximately $599.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications