Synology┬« Launches DiskStation DS410, Delivering Optimal Price/Performance Ratio for Home to Business Workgroups
Taipei, Taiwan-March 18, 2010-Synology┬« Inc. today launched DiskStation DS410, a high-performance and affordable network attached storage solution that is specifically designed for home to business workgroup users to share and protect data cost-effectively.
The Synology DS410 is the ideal solution for users who need to share and store data as it delivers an average of 115 MB/sec reading speed under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows environment, and 54 MB/sec writing. Running on the award-winnning Synology DiskStation Manager 2.3 (DMS 2.3), the DS410 provides a reliable solution for data sharing with an easy to use interface and comprehensive businesses-oriented applications, including complete backup solutions, shared-folder level AES 256-bit encryption, and the Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) that simplifies RAID setup by optimizing the disk capacities with data redundancy when different sized hard drives are used.
Other features of the Synology DSM 2.3 include the EZ-Internet Wizard guides users through the steps to establish access to the DS410 from the Internet, backup to the cloud using Amazon S3┬« service, and DS cam iPhone┬« app for the Synology Surveillance Station. Eco-friendly features such as wake on LAN/WAN, scheduled power on/off, and hard drive hibernation help users to reduce operation cost.
The Synology DS410 is powered by a 1.06 GHz CPU with floating point computing, 64 bit memory bus, 533MB DDRII RAM, 1 Gigabit LAN port, 2 USB ports and 1 eSATA port. "Equipped with 256-bit AES hardware encryption engine that can offload the security encryption tasks from CPU cycles, the Synology DS410 will run at an increased performance level when compared to a pure software encryption implementation," said Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology Inc. "The Synology testing lab shows that the hardware encryption engine boasts read speed that is about 200% faster than a pure software encryption. The DS410 provides an optimal price/performance ratio at it price point," added Lin.
The Synology DS410 is now shipping globally.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 mobile game to feature microtransactions galore
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes