Velocity Micro Announces the Immediate Availability of IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition Powered PCs
Record-setting configurations featuring the ground-breaking six core processor for sale at select retailers and direct from VelocityMicro.com
Richmond, VA-March 16, 2010- Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces the immediate availability of the world's first six core, twelve thread, single processor desktop PC. Powered by the IntelĀ® CoreĀ i7-980X, these newly launched configurations combine the smartest, fastest processor on the planet with Velocity Micro's expert engineering for extreme power in multimedia and gaming applications, especially when multi-tasking, for the ultimate in productivity, speed, and bragging rights. Six core desktops begin at $2,825.
"With the launch of the Core i7-980X, Intel has given us the means to create a whole new level of benchmark crushing, ultra performance PCs," said Velocity Micro Vice President Chip Lowell. "By utilizing this new technology in conjunction with our meticulous craftsmanship and patented engineering methods, we're able to offer some of the most powerful, record breaking consumer desktops on the market."
The release of the Intel Core i7-980X highlights Intel's continued awesome portfolio for the extreme performance processor market. Building on the innovative Nehalem architecture, the i7-980X allows Velocity Micro to unleash an array of benchmark-crushing PCs, offering performance boosts of up to 40% on applications which utilize the i7-980X's twelve hyperthreaded virtual cores and extreme overclockability. VelocityMicro.com customers will be able to get their hands on all of that power with the fully upgradeable Edge Z55 starting $2,825 with the expertly configured Raptor Lx665 and Lx775 available at TigerDirect.com for $3,599 and $4,799 respectively.
"The Core i7-980X Extreme Edition is a massive leap ahead for microprocessor technology and for consumers as well," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Intel Americas. "PC enthusiasts will love and greatly benefit from the performance boost that the world's first desktop six core processor offers. We are thrilled that Velocity Micro is able to offer the Core i7 980X on launch day to this performance-hungry crowd."
All Velocity Micro PCs are hand built and supported in the USA. To configure a Core i7-980X based system or another ultra performance desktop, notebook, or netbook, visit http://www.VelocityMicro.com. Velocity Micro products are also available from select retailers nationwide.
About Velocity Micro
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, home office, small business, pro workstation, and visual supercomputer solutions. Velocity Micro consumer systems are available at Frys and select Staples retail stores nationwide, as well as online vendors Amazon, Costco.com, Target.com, Newegg, TigerDirect, Overstock, and many others. For more information on Velocity Micro, please call (800) 303-7866 or visit http://www.velocitymicro.com.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei to launch Honor Note 9 with Infinity Display
- Sharp to launch new high-end TV brand in US
- Musk says Zuckerberg has limited understanding of AI
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology