WD(R) Introduces New One Terabyte My Passport(TM) SE for Mac(R) Portable Drives
LAKE FOREST, Calif., March 16, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- WD(R) (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its new one terabyte (TB) and 750 gigabyte (GB) capacity My Passport(TM) SE for Mac(R) portable USB drives. Available at WD's online store, the new My Passport SE for Mac portable drives are formatted for Mac and compatible with Apple Time Machine(R) software.
Perfect for saving, storing and backing up Mac computers, these ultra-portable 1 TB and 750 GB My Passport SE drives are easy to carry because they are USB-powered and do not need an external power adapter.(1) Equipped with 256-bit hardware encryption with password protection for an extra level of security, this small drive with mega-capacity give users peace-of-mind knowing that their data is protected from unauthorized access or theft.
"With over 10 billion songs downloaded from the iTunes(R) store, the enormous capacity of the new My Passport SE for Mac drives makes them the perfect travel-friendly storage device to hold all the rich media content collected by videographers, creative professionals and digital media enthusiasts with large digital media collections," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group.
A product specification sheet and photos of My Passport SE for Mac drives are available on the company's Web site at http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/Products.asp?DriveID=807.
Price and Availability
WD's My Passport SE for Mac portable drives are available now at WD's online store. MSRP for the My Passport SE for Mac 1 TB portable drive is $199.99 USD and for the 750 GB model is $179.99 USD.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
WD was founded in 1970. The company's storage products are marketed to leading OEMs, systems manufacturers, selected resellers and retailers under the Western Digital(R) and WD brand names. Visit the Investor section of the company's Web site (www.westerndigital.com)to access a variety of financial and investor information.
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent