Active Media Products Inaugurates DOM Lineup with Nine New SATA DOMs
7-pin and 22-pin, Tall and Low Profile DOMs Provide Transfer Speeds up to 100MB/sec
Fremont, California - March 15, 2010 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and USB drives, today announced a new line of SATA DOM (Disk on Module) drives that deliver substantially faster performance than PATA DOMs in embedded computing applications. They support sequential read and write speeds up to 100MB/sec and 42MB/sec respectively. "We didn't design these as a performance storage solution, yet our SATA DOMs appear to be the fastest DOMs on the market by a long shot. So any embedded applications that need a little more pep from the drive would benefit from these." said Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson.
A DOM, also referred to as an FDM (Flash Disk Module), is a small flash based storage drive that plugs directly into an industry standard port on most motherboards. These nine new SATA DOM products include three different mounting options: two 7-pin tall DOMs and a 22-pin low profile DOM, each offered in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities. Because they are SATA compliant, they can be easily adapted to virtually any application including embedded computers, industrial computers, and networking and military applications. Their industry standard Serial ATA interface and very small dimensions make them easy to design in.
These new FDMs are available now through Amazon, or to OEMs directly from AMP at approximate prices as follows: 8GB models $69, 16GB models $89, 32GB models $189.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio