MSI Introduces IM-PV as Ultra Low Power Platform
Utilizing the Latest Intel® AtomTM Processors
March 2, 2010 -- Micro-Star International (MSI) is one of the top 3 motherboard makers in the industry with a 20-year solid experience known to build motherboard with high quality and solid stability and boasting a winning reputation from worldwide media and customers for years. Based on the successful experience, MSI began its industrial computing business with four product lines of POS, networking, industrial computer and multimedia application.
MSI Industrial Platform Service (IPS) combines various state of the art technologies and received recommendations in different fields. Now, MSI aggressively designs more fitting product for system solution providers, and MSI IPS has now become the most reliable industrial platform provider. MSI IPS has developed IM-PV, a modern mini-ITX motherboard with the latest Intel® AtomTM processors D510, D410 or N450 - an ideal low power solution for industrial applications. MSI IM-PV is built with the Intel® AtomTM processor D510, D410 or N450 and the Intel® 82801HM I/O controller and adopts co-layout CPU design which is great for applications like ATM, POS, Kiosk to satisfy the needs for low power and high performance as well.
The new Intel® Atom processors have been power optimized and implemented in 45nm process technology. Combined with the Intel® 82801HM I/O Controller, it forms a complete and integrated two-chip platform that includes the memory and graphics controllers on the CPU die. This integration helps reduce board space requirements,, enabling a thinner and more efficient product design. Featuring the Intel® Embedded Flexible Design, MSI IM-PV offers three different Intel Atom processors to suit your performance and thermal requirements.
The demand for an ultra low power platform with fanless design is strongly required from customers. MSI debuts the IM-PV to provide the latest ultra low power into solid embedded applications. IM-PV utilizes the integrated graphics capabilities to provide flexible display options and enable more Human Machine Interface devices.
The Mini-ITX form factor design of IM-PV is substantially reduced to the size of the mini-chassis and offers adequate performance inside its slim form factor. It sustains high memory capacity of two DDR2 slots and supports the maximum of 2GB. Storage devices are available on the SATA and IDE interface. MSI enhanced I/O connectivity covers six USB 2.0 ports, six powered COM ports and two display output interfaces, including VGA/LVDS or VGA/DVI-D. In addition, IM-PV provides two Mini PCIe slots for future expansion and upgrade for various optional modules. The MSI IM-PV is revolutionizing the traditional definition of a low power and cost-effective segment.
IM-PV is designed to run quietly and solidly, making it a perfect match for various high-performance solution for applications on digital signage, kiosk, gaming and thin client.
Intel and Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Latest News Posts
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- Microsoft's new 12.3-inch Surface Pro 4 starts at $899
- Netflix now supports voice commands on Windows 10
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs