MSI Introduces IM-PV as Ultra Low Power Platform
Utilizing the Latest Intel® AtomTM Processors
March 2, 2010 -- Micro-Star International (MSI) is one of the top 3 motherboard makers in the industry with a 20-year solid experience known to build motherboard with high quality and solid stability and boasting a winning reputation from worldwide media and customers for years. Based on the successful experience, MSI began its industrial computing business with four product lines of POS, networking, industrial computer and multimedia application.
MSI Industrial Platform Service (IPS) combines various state of the art technologies and received recommendations in different fields. Now, MSI aggressively designs more fitting product for system solution providers, and MSI IPS has now become the most reliable industrial platform provider. MSI IPS has developed IM-PV, a modern mini-ITX motherboard with the latest Intel® AtomTM processors D510, D410 or N450 - an ideal low power solution for industrial applications. MSI IM-PV is built with the Intel® AtomTM processor D510, D410 or N450 and the Intel® 82801HM I/O controller and adopts co-layout CPU design which is great for applications like ATM, POS, Kiosk to satisfy the needs for low power and high performance as well.
The new Intel® Atom processors have been power optimized and implemented in 45nm process technology. Combined with the Intel® 82801HM I/O Controller, it forms a complete and integrated two-chip platform that includes the memory and graphics controllers on the CPU die. This integration helps reduce board space requirements,, enabling a thinner and more efficient product design. Featuring the Intel® Embedded Flexible Design, MSI IM-PV offers three different Intel Atom processors to suit your performance and thermal requirements.
The demand for an ultra low power platform with fanless design is strongly required from customers. MSI debuts the IM-PV to provide the latest ultra low power into solid embedded applications. IM-PV utilizes the integrated graphics capabilities to provide flexible display options and enable more Human Machine Interface devices.
The Mini-ITX form factor design of IM-PV is substantially reduced to the size of the mini-chassis and offers adequate performance inside its slim form factor. It sustains high memory capacity of two DDR2 slots and supports the maximum of 2GB. Storage devices are available on the SATA and IDE interface. MSI enhanced I/O connectivity covers six USB 2.0 ports, six powered COM ports and two display output interfaces, including VGA/LVDS or VGA/DVI-D. In addition, IM-PV provides two Mini PCIe slots for future expansion and upgrade for various optional modules. The MSI IM-PV is revolutionizing the traditional definition of a low power and cost-effective segment.
IM-PV is designed to run quietly and solidly, making it a perfect match for various high-performance solution for applications on digital signage, kiosk, gaming and thin client.
Intel and Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Latest News Posts
- New map, competitive ranking system arrive for Insurgency
- Google will reportedly shame vendors into Android updates
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition