Dell Unleashes the World's Most Powerful 15.6-inch Mobile Workstation
- Only 15.6-inch mobile workstation offering the Intel® Core i7 processor Extreme edition and NVIDIA Quadro® FX 1800M graphics solution
- Certification On Applications From Key Independent Software Vendors, Helps Assure Compatibility and Optimized Performance
- First 15.6-inch Mobile Workstation to Offer Optional SSD MiniCard for Additional High-performance Data Storage
- Dell Precision T7500, T5500 and T3500 Tower Workstations to Be Among the First to Offer Intel® Xeon® 5600 (Westmere-EP) Processors
For those with the passion to discover, imagine and create the future, "on-the-go" access to workstation-class computing provides the freedom to work wherever inspiration strikes. This passion to create is why Dell continues to push the boundaries of workstation performance and mobility with the announcement today of the world's most powerful 15.6-inch mobile workstation-the Dell Precision M4500.
The Dell Precision M4500 joins Dell's family of mobile workstations, which includes the world's most powerful 17-inch mobile workstation available today, the Dell Precision M6500.
The new mobile workstation is designed to liberate creative professionals, designers, animators, engineers and research scientists from their desks. The M4500 also supports the missions of defense customers who require mobile workstation performance and security, including authentication and data encryption, when in the field.
Workstation Mobility Redefined: The Dell Precision M4500
The M4500 is the world's first 15.6-inch mobile workstation to offer an optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage and user selectable thermal tables that keep systems cool and extend battery life when full power isn't needed. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near instant access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops, with a new technology called Dell Precision ON.
Other product highlights include:
- Available with optional Intel® Core i7-920XM Quad Core processor Extreme Edition, Intel® Core i7 and Core i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute intensive and memory bandwidth sensitive applications;
- Optional NVIDIA® Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture;
- Optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 120 percent user selectable color gamut support;
- Optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad for greater user flexibility;
- Enables easy portability with a starting weight of only 6.0 lbs¹; and,
- Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, along with Red Hat® Linux® 5.3 64-bit.
Like the Dell Precision M6500, the M4500 offers compatibility and optimized performance on key applications from leading Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes, PTC and Siemens PLM Software.
The Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation will be available for order globally in the coming weeks. More details can be found at http://www.dell.com/precision.
Compatibility for Ease of Use and Deployment
The M4500, as a part of the Dell E-Family product line, is compatible with E-Family accessories, including port replicators, notebook stands, display and monitor stands and external storage modules. In addition, the M4500 delivers comprehensive security options including Dell ControlVault security, FIPS fingerprint reader and a contactless smart card reader.
Dell Services offers a suite of highly customizable service and support solutions throughout the PC lifecycle including Dell ProSupport and Dell ProManage. Dell also offers a robust set of services for organizations looking to migrate to Windows 7. In addition, Dell offers flexible computing solutions, working with organizations to build a comprehensive solution for virtualization-infrastructure sizing, deployment and ongoing support.²
Dell Precision Tower Workstations to Adopt Intel® Xeon® 5600 Processors
As the technology demands of workstation professionals continue to evolve, customers are seeking standards-based solutions that enable greater flexibility, improved performance and the ability to help their business thrive. To this end, Dell also announced today that it plans to support the new Intel Xeon 5600 "Westmere-EP" series of processors on the three recently announced Dell Precision tower workstations. The new Intel Xeon 5600 processors are expected to be available on the Dell Precision T7500, T5500 and T3500 workstation to order in the coming weeks. More details can be found at http://www.dell.com/precision.
"The Dell Precision M4500 establishes new heights for performance and mobility for a workstation," said Greg Weir, senior manager, Dell Precision workstations. "This system provides the freedom to discover, create and imagine on your terms, wherever creativity takes you. Top that off with the assurance that you are backed by our robust 'eco system' of ISV partners and our ability to deliver the application performance you need to be productive now that's getting it done!"
"It is truly amazing the amount of power that has been packed into the new Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation," said Dr. Jon Peddie president of Jon Peddie Research, a technically oriented marketing, research, and management consulting firm. "With a high resolution screen, a super powerful processor and a choice of high-performance GPUs there's not much I can think of that you can't do with this machine."
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) creates, enhances and integrates technology and services customers count on to provide them reliable, long-term value. Learn more at http://www.dell.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio