Corsair® Launches Force Series Solid-State Drives
- Using SandForce SF-1200 SSD Processor, Force Series SSDs offer class-leading performance of up to 280MB/sec read and 260MB/sec write -
Hannover, Germany, March 4, 2010 - Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced the Force Series of SSDs, providing outstanding SATA II performance based on innovative SSD Processor technology from SandForce Inc.
By utilizing the state-of-the-art SandForce SF-1200 SSD processor combined with MLC flash memory, the Corsair Force Series of solid-state drives deliver outstanding performance figures of up to 280MB/sec read and 260MB/sec write. In addition, these drives feature class-leading random read/write performance. The highly innovative SandForce DuraClass Technology also delivers unparalleled write endurance and error correction features.
"The Force Series are the fastest SSDs that Corsair has launched to date," stated Kevin Conley, Vice President of Engineering at Corsair. "We have been very impressed with the SandForce SSD Processor innovations in the months that we have been working with them, and we can't wait to get these extraordinarily fast SSDs into the hands of our most demanding customers."
The Force Series of SSDs are available in capacities of 100GB and 200GB and support the TRIM command in Windows® 7, which helps to maintain optimal performance over the drive's lifetime.
"The SandForce SF-1200 SSD Processor employs revolutionary flash management technology to create a new class of SSD with unparalleled performance and reliability," stated Thad Omura, Vice President of Marketing at SandForce. "We have enjoyed working closely with Corsair to bring this exciting technology to market for Corsair's large worldwide network of system builders, retailers, and computing enthusiasts."
The Force Series of SSDs will be available within two weeks from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. For more information on Corsair Force Series SSDs, please visit http://www.corsair.com/products/ssd_force/.
Founded in 1994, Corsair specializes in premium, high-performance peripherals and components for personal computers. Corsair's award-winning products are the delight of the world's most demanding hardware enthusiasts. For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 video game coming later this year
- Microsoft: 'Google ships a big pile of... code' for Android updates
- Save 63% on Veho's Retro Wireless Leather Speaker
- Mayweather-Pacquiao proves popular on Meerkat, Periscope
- Samsung begins promoting the idea of wearables in the B2B sector
- Asus RT-N56U disconnecting every hour
- Supermicro X10DRX (Intel C612) Server Motherboard Review
- z97 D3H USB 3.0 front panel Power Surge
- Need Help: Gigabyte Z87X-OC Force. PC does not start
- Giada Launches Compact i200 Mini-PC for Thin Client, Enterprise and Industrial Applications
- Online Gaming to Fuel $150bn Digital Content Market by 2019, Finds Juniper Research
- Nokia published its corporate responsibility report for 2014
- The Last of Us: Left Behind Available as a Standalone Download May 12
- Mortal Kombat X Launches Jason Voorhees Bundle