MSI - Integrating Frequency/Voltage Adjustment and Burn-in Test Features
Exceed Graphics Card's Performance Limit with MSI Afterburner Overclocking Utility
Taipei-Taiwan-CeBIT, the upcoming global computer tradeshow, will run from March 2 to March 6 in Hannover, Germany. A number of innovative technologies and new products from MSI, the world-renowned graphics card and mainboard manufacturer, will be on display at the show. As MSI's exclusive highly-praised Afterburner overclocking utility, it integrates not only GPU/Memory clock adjustment but also the unique GPU voltage regulation to MSI graphics card, and after the latest v1.5.0 edition, in conjunction with FurMark, using OpenGL 3.2 as a foundation, MSI developed built-in Kombustor burn-in test that provides overclockers with the ability to perform complete overclocking trial with a single software solution.
Who said overclocking needs to be difficult?? With MSI Afterburner Overclocking Utility, just move your mouse cursor in the Windows and click to easily adjust ATI and nVIDIA Core, Shader, and Memory clocks. Also, current mainstream MSI graphics cards, such as the R5000 and N240 series all support MSI's exclusive voltage adjustment, increasing the fun of overclocking. Paired with the Lightning series, a winner of countless awards, overclocking performance is enhanced even more for smoother experience in games with higher loads. According to benchmark results for the N275GTX Lightning, overclocking with Afterburner can reach an amazing 1175MHz-up to 85% overclocking capability. Afterburner also allows users to determine higher cooling efficiency or quieter operation based on personal preference or hardware configuration. What's more, the specially-configured heat dissipating design of Twin Frozr and Cyclone further highlights Afterburner's performance.
Integrated burn-in test; one utility to master overclocking
MSI's Afterburner possesses powerful overclocking, adjusting, and monitoring functions that have received a tremendous market reaction and spurred enthusiastic discussions and applications. However, to allow overclocking under stable conditions, MSI has formed a special technology partnership with FurMark using OpenGL 3.2 as the technology foundation in creating Kombustor burn-in test. After tweaking voltage and fan settings, an overclocker simply presses the Kombustor button to initiate burn-in test, or customizes detail settings to make it more precise. Afterburner integrates all of the necessary software for overclocking, eliminating the need to worry about overclocking stability as well as the need to use several types of software to carry out an overclocking trial.
Multiple functions; free downloads
Besides adjusting voltage and fan speed, MSI Afterburner also provides a comprehensive monitoring mechanism that offers on-demand information for making fine-tuning, five profiles that utilize hotkeys to adjust settings, and the ability to switch displays or language settings. Of course, the most important aspect of the new Afterburner for users is still can be downloaded for free from the Afterburner Official Website (http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/). Users who purchase an MSI graphics card can instantly enjoy the overclocking performance and tweaking fun that Afterburner provides.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives