Kingston Technology First to Launch High Performance Ultra Low-Latency DDR2 Notebook Memory
Innovative HyperX SO-DIMMs Infuse More Performance into Laptop Systems - Without Overclocking
Fountain Valley, CA -- September 3, 2008 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is first to release high performance, ultra low-latency 800MHz notebook memory. Shipping immediately in 4GB memory kits, the HyperX® PC2-6400 CL4 SO-DIMMs offer the additional benefit of Serial Presence Detect (SPD) capabilities to provide performance benefits to a wider array of notebooks.
"As more notebook systems standardize on faster 800MHz platforms, particularly the Intel Centrino 2 chipsets, Kingston engineers designed the high-performance, ultra low-latency HyperX SO-DIMMs to support them - right out of the box," said Mark Tekunoff, senior technology manager, Kingston®. "The new SO-DIMMs offer flexible upgrade options with their ability to enhance many existing systems - boosting 800- and 667MHz platforms with the faster performing CL4/CL3 ultra low-latency SO-DIMMs."
The new HyperX mobile memory is a perfect fit for notebook users who want to boost system performance by replacing standard notebook memory with high performance modules that boot to the highest speed possible - without adjusting system BIOS settings. Targeting new P45/Centrino 2 laptops the 800MHz CL4 modules have two pre-programmed ultra low-latency profiles: DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 @1.8V and DDR2-667 CL3-4-4-10 @1.8V.
The release of the Kingston ultra low-latency 800MHz SO-DIMM kits continues a series of new notebook memory offerings to provide mobile users greater performance on existing systems. Kingston recently launched low-latency versions of its HyperX 800MHz DDR2 SO-DIMM notebook memory pre-programmed with three SPD profiles that allow the memory to work in 800MHz-CL5, 667MHZ-CL4 and 533MHz-CL3 low-latency configurations.
Kingston HyperX memory is backed by a lifetime warranty and free, 24/7 technical support. For more detailed information please visit the Kingston Web site at http://www.kingston.com.
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and sales representatives in the United States, Europe, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Australia, New Zealand, India, Taiwan, China, and Latin America.
For more information, please call 800-337-8410 or visit http://www.kingston.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'We're not really interested in mobile devices any more', says NVIDIA
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream