Verbatim Announces New eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo 500 GB Portable Hard Drive
One device, two integrated interfaces: with the new Combo Portable Hard Drive, Verbatim is combining the advantages of a Powered eSATA high-speed connection with the user-friendliness of a USB drive. The truly Portable Hard Drive comes in a rugged aluminium enclosure weighing only 205 grams and delivers ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec. The new Verbatim eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo HDD 500GB is available from specialist retailers now and costs £89.99 (RRP).
Verbatim's new portable hard drive delivers ultra fast data transfer on the go. With USB 2.0 and powered eSATA connectivity it is extremely versatile. Data can be transferred via the powered eSATA port at a maximum speed of 3Gbit/sec, providing the other device also features eSATA connectivity. In terms of data transfer, the powered eSATA port is six times faster than USB 2.0.
Ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec
Powered eSATA cable eliminates the need for a separate power supply
Rugged aluminium enclosure
Includes Nero BackItUp 4 Essentials Software
Works with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.1 or higher, Linux
The new Verbatim Portable Hard Drive features a special powered eSATA Cable as a single-cable solution, which provides a power connection eliminating the need for a separate power supply. For older eSATA ports that aren't powered, there is a separate Y-cable included that creates a functioning eSATA port from the USB (power) and eSATA (data).
With the pre-installed software Nero BackitUp4, users can use the tiny hard drive as the perfect location for backing up all their important data from their PC or laptop. The eSATA/USB Combo HDD works with Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It is 130 x 80 x 17 millimetres in dimension and weighs just 205 grams and comes with a 24 month guarantee.
Latest News Posts
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now