Verbatim Announces New eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo 500 GB Portable Hard Drive
One device, two integrated interfaces: with the new Combo Portable Hard Drive, Verbatim is combining the advantages of a Powered eSATA high-speed connection with the user-friendliness of a USB drive. The truly Portable Hard Drive comes in a rugged aluminium enclosure weighing only 205 grams and delivers ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec. The new Verbatim eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo HDD 500GB is available from specialist retailers now and costs £89.99 (RRP).
Verbatim's new portable hard drive delivers ultra fast data transfer on the go. With USB 2.0 and powered eSATA connectivity it is extremely versatile. Data can be transferred via the powered eSATA port at a maximum speed of 3Gbit/sec, providing the other device also features eSATA connectivity. In terms of data transfer, the powered eSATA port is six times faster than USB 2.0.
Ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec
Powered eSATA cable eliminates the need for a separate power supply
Rugged aluminium enclosure
Includes Nero BackItUp 4 Essentials Software
Works with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.1 or higher, Linux
The new Verbatim Portable Hard Drive features a special powered eSATA Cable as a single-cable solution, which provides a power connection eliminating the need for a separate power supply. For older eSATA ports that aren't powered, there is a separate Y-cable included that creates a functioning eSATA port from the USB (power) and eSATA (data).
With the pre-installed software Nero BackitUp4, users can use the tiny hard drive as the perfect location for backing up all their important data from their PC or laptop. The eSATA/USB Combo HDD works with Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It is 130 x 80 x 17 millimetres in dimension and weighs just 205 grams and comes with a 24 month guarantee.
Latest News Posts
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series