Verbatim Announces New eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo 500 GB Portable Hard Drive
One device, two integrated interfaces: with the new Combo Portable Hard Drive, Verbatim is combining the advantages of a Powered eSATA high-speed connection with the user-friendliness of a USB drive. The truly Portable Hard Drive comes in a rugged aluminium enclosure weighing only 205 grams and delivers ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec. The new Verbatim eSATA/USB 2.0 Combo HDD 500GB is available from specialist retailers now and costs £89.99 (RRP).
Verbatim's new portable hard drive delivers ultra fast data transfer on the go. With USB 2.0 and powered eSATA connectivity it is extremely versatile. Data can be transferred via the powered eSATA port at a maximum speed of 3Gbit/sec, providing the other device also features eSATA connectivity. In terms of data transfer, the powered eSATA port is six times faster than USB 2.0.
Ultra fast eSATA data transfer speeds up to 3Gbit/sec
Powered eSATA cable eliminates the need for a separate power supply
Rugged aluminium enclosure
Includes Nero BackItUp 4 Essentials Software
Works with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.1 or higher, Linux
The new Verbatim Portable Hard Drive features a special powered eSATA Cable as a single-cable solution, which provides a power connection eliminating the need for a separate power supply. For older eSATA ports that aren't powered, there is a separate Y-cable included that creates a functioning eSATA port from the USB (power) and eSATA (data).
With the pre-installed software Nero BackitUp4, users can use the tiny hard drive as the perfect location for backing up all their important data from their PC or laptop. The eSATA/USB Combo HDD works with Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It is 130 x 80 x 17 millimetres in dimension and weighs just 205 grams and comes with a 24 month guarantee.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon R9 395X2 dual GPU "Fiji VR" GPU should be a monster
- AMD Radeon R9 390X should feature not just 4GB of HBM, but 8GB of HBM
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards