OCZ Technology Launches Vertex Limited Edition Solid State Drive (SSD)
High-Performance SSD to Provide Exceptional Speed and Reliability across a wide range of Applications
SAN JOSE, CA-February 18, 2010-OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OTCBB:OCZT), a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage as an alternative to hard disk drives (HDDs), has unveiled the highly anticipated Vertex Limited Edition (LE). Based on a cutting-edge new architecture, OCZ's Vertex LE is the epitome of innovation for power users seeking to integrate a new class of SSD in their Windows-based systems. For early adopters, a Vertex LE drive can take a high-end computing experience to the next level. OCZ will offer Vertex LE through its extensive network of distribution partners over the next few weeks.
"OCZ has an excellent reputation as a leader in solid state drives, and as new technologies become available, we are continually expanding our solution portfolio to bring enhanced performance benefits to the complete spectrum of our client's applications," commented Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group. "The new Vertex Limited Edition SSD is our fastest, multi-level cell (MLC), performance-based drive yet and delivers both exceptional speed and reliability for customers demanding a superior storage solution including intensive applications such as audio/video editing, mobile computing, and even use in workstations."
As a follow-up to the acclaimed Vertex Series, this Limited Edition series is designed to please even the most demanding enthusiasts. The Vertex LE delivers unparalleled transfer rates at up to 270MB/s read and 250MB/s write speeds and reaches 15,000 IOPS (4K random write), promoting excellent throughput and ultra-responsive performance. The Vertex LE makes use of the latest controller technology and is the ultimate upgrade from hard drives or older solid state drives for consumers who want the fastest SSD available.
The Vertex Limited Edition is designed to push the envelope in storage technology for those who place a premium on speed, reliability and efficiency, but demand the affordability of MLC flash memory. Built with SATA 3Gb/s, the Vertex LE Series easily integrates into today's mobile and desktop platforms and features TRIM support to optimize performance over the drive's lifespan. While the Vertex LE line will only be available for a brief time in 100GB and 200GB capacities, like all OCZ SSDs it comes backed with a 3-year warranty and renowned support and service for the ultimate peace of mind.
For more information on the OCZ Vertex Limited Edition SSD, please visit our product page here.
Latest News Posts
- The young Han Solo spin-off is a go, as Lucasfilm find their actor
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini