VIA Demos Dual GPU S3 Graphics Card at Digital Signage Expo 2010
S3 Graphics Chrome 5400E x2 powers to up to 4 Hi-Def videos streams across 8 displays with advanced PanoChrome technology
Taipei, Taiwan, 18 February 2010 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its participation at Digital Signage Expo 2010, Feb. 24 - 25, Las Vegas. Join VIA at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Hall C1-2, Booth 1240 and experience the latest technologies for next-generation signage systems, including a demonstration of the forthcoming S3 Graphics Chrome 5400E x2; a dual GPU add-in-board aimed at advanced, multi-display digital signage applications.
The S3 Graphics 5400E x2 is a highly integrated and flexible video card that features dual graphics and multimedia processors. Boasting extreme hardware acceleration of the latest HD video codecs, the S3 Graphics 5400E x2 uses S3 Graphics' PanoChrome technology to provide up to four independent HD video streams at resolutions of 1080p on up to eight displays, employing a variety of display modes and configurations.
"VIA is delighted to work with S3 Graphics to bring unique digital signage embedded products to market, highlighting our prowess in delivering the very best in power-efficient, Hi-Def digital display technologies," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc.
S3 Graphics Chrome 5400E x2 - Key Features:
- Support for up to 8 simultaneous displays
- Up to 4 independent video streams
- HD screen resolutions of up to 1080p
- H.264, VC-1 and WMV-HD hardware acceleration
- Support for Span, Extended and Clone view configurations
- Built-in Genlock support for synchronized source timing
Samples of the S3 Graphics Chrome 5400E x2 will initially be available to ODM customers in the US from Q2 2010.
VIA at Digital Signage Expo 2010
VIA will also be demonstrating its growing range of board and system-level digital signage products. These including the VIA VB8003 board, the first Mini-ITX board to feature a dedicated graphics processor and support for both dual HDMI, DVI and VGA ports. Pico-ITX and Em-ITX form factor boards that leverage the latest VIA Nano processor platform and VIA media system processor technologies will be displayed, facilitating versatile, high-performance 64-bit devices with superb hardware acceleration of the latest HD video formats.
Systems on display will include the durable VIA VIPRO panel series, combining a comprehensive range of features in a high-quality, industrial-grade LCD panel, and the VIA vmpc, a fanless, ultra-thin system featuring an industry-first thru-chassis VESA mounting design that can turn any standard display into a digital signage device in moments.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon GO's new update has some huge fixes and improvements
- DriveClub VR is reportedly launching alongside PlayStation VR headset
- Samsung Gear VR is used by over 1 million users per month
- Metal Gear Solid games have sold over 49 million copies worldwide
- Avengers: Infinity War will be one movie, instead of a two-parter
- Boot from PCIe SSD GA-X58A-UD3R?
- Gigabyte U1N !!GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS posted to Gigabyte site
- Switchmate Bluetooth Smart Light Switch Review
- Can't use Google maps
- Main GA Z97X UD5H BK cannot boot with VGA R9 280X
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio