Adaptec Releases Updates to Performance-Leading Series 1 Unified Serial(R) Host Bus Adapter (HBA) Family
Open Source Linux Drivers and WHQL-Certified Drivers Now Available
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADPT)
WHAT: Adaptec, the global leader in I/O innovation, today
announced updates to its Series 1 Unified Serial Host Bus
Adapter (HBA) family. The family's two low-profile cards
(Adaptec 1405 with four internal ports and Adaptec 1045
with four external ports) now include open source Linux
drivers for kernels starting at 2.6.24 and in-the-box
Linux kernel support starting at kernel 2.6.33. They also
feature fully WHQL-certified drivers with support for
Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2. In addition, Adaptec
has added quick boot bios to reduce the time the controller
needs to scan for devices and initialize.
Adaptec Series 1 HBAs deliver efficient, economical I/O
with hard disk, tape and solid state drives. Designed to
maximize scalability and provide system integrators, system
builders, resellers, OEMs, and IT managers with optimum
flexibility, they are ideal for systems requiring
connectivity to hard disks, tape drives, removable media,
solid state drives (SSD), RBODs (RAID Bunch of Disks),
expanders, and JBODs (Just a Bunch of Disks). Series 1 HBAs
are also ideal for tape autoloaders and libraries widely
used for data backup and archiving.
The Adaptec 1405 Kit (US$190), the Adaptec 1405 Single
(US$160), and the Adaptec 1045 Single (US$190) are
currently available through worldwide distributors and
WHEN: Available immediately
WHERE: Get the latest updates at http://www.adaptec.com/support.
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!