Active Media Products Rolls Out Aviator-2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 External SSDs
2.5-Inch 64GB and 128GB SSDs Reach Speeds up to 200MB/sec
Fremont, California - February 16, 2010 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and innovative USB drives, today launched the new Aviator-2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 external 2.5-inch SSDs, which offer a 400% performance gain compared to USB 2.0 external HDDs.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 supports transfer speeds up to 4.8Gbits/sec -- ten times faster than USB 2.0. Aviator-2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 external SSDs take advantage of USB 3.0's massive bandwidth, delivering unprecedented performance in a mobile flash storage device. Measuring just over 3 x 5 inches, the Aviator-2 is slim enough to slip into a jacket pocket.
The Aviator-2 is offered as an external USB 3.0 case-only to accommodate any standard 2.5-inch SATA HDD. With a SATA HDD installed the Aviator-2 removes the bottleneck of external USB 2.0 HDDs and unleashes the full speed of the hard drive. Or for those who don't like to wait, the Aviator-2 is available with a 64GB or 128GB Predator X7 SSD installed. For ultimate external speed, the Aviator-2 plus Predator X7 SSD will move your data at speeds up to 200MB/sec.
Aviator-2 SSDs are designed for external use, and include a felt carrying pouch and a USB 3.0 cable for connection to any USB port. The Aviator-2 is fully backward compatible; it works in any USB 2.0 or 1.1 port, but requires a SuperSpeed port to reach its full performance capabilities. A USB 2.0 power cable is included to meet the high power requirements of some HDDs, but the supplemental power is not needed with the Predator SSD installed. SuperSpeed USB is the ultimate interface for moving huge files in a hurry or for backing up data onto an external drive, and the Aviator-2 SSD is your best choice for extremely fast portable storage.
According to Jerry Thomson, vice president of sales at Active Media Products, "These products effectively render external USB 2.0 hard drives obsolete since for a few dollars more you can plug a 2.5-inch hard drive into the Aviator-2 case and get up to 200% faster performance. Or the Aviator-2 bundled with our Predator SSD inside will blow away any hard drive with speeds above 150MB/sec". Aviator-2 SSDs are available now through Amazon. Active Media Products also offers Atomix USB 3.0 PCIe and Express Card adapters to easily upgrade any desktop or laptop to USB 3.0.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis