Thecus® Introduces 1U4600 Rackmount NAS Server
A powerful yet versatile enterprise-class rackmount storage device
02/15/2010 - Two short years ago, Thecus® Technology shook up the world of enterprise storage with the release of the 1U4500 - a rackmount storage server which utilized SATA technology. Today, Thecus® is pleased to announce a follow up to this groundbreaking device: the 1U4600 Rackmount NAS Server. Offering increased system performance and complete security and flexibility, the 1U4600 is an excellent storage solution for the growing enterprise.
Business users need to access data as quickly as possible, which is why the 1U4600 is built for speed. Powered by Intel® Celeron technology and 1GB of DDR memory, the 1U4600 delivers tremendous data transfer performance and quick system response even with multiple client access. For organizations that require cloud computing applications, the 1U4600 fits the bill nicely with its cloud networking ability. This feature allows multiple 1U4600 units to be accessed by a master system, forming a huge data pool. Being a Thecus® product, data security is also top-notch, featuring multiple RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD. Best of all, administrators can take advantage of online-RAID volume management to handle such tasks as RAID expansion or migration with zero downtime.
But the 1U4600 is also incredibly flexible. For starters, it can be used in NAS, DAS, or iSCSI mode, depending on the needs of the organization. To keep things running smoothly, the 1U4600 is built with a dual DOM design, which enables the main system DOM to be reprogrammed by a secondary DOM should it fail for any reason. And to guard against sudden power supply failure, power redundancy is also available with the 1U4600R, which packs a 250W redundant power supply for uninterrupted service.
"Enterprises need superior storage at a price that fits within budget, and the newly updated 1U4600 meets these requirements," said Florence Shih, Thecus General Manager. "With multiple redundancies and superior performance built-in, the 1U4600 sets the new standard in powerful yet versatile enterprise storage."
Thecus® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) , DAS, External Storage and Wireless Media NAS (Bank ) products. The company was established in 2004 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and Linux software and with a keen customer focus, Thecus® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage Server needs of today's world.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform