Major Update to Shattered Horizon Released
Futuremark Games Studio Adds New Features Requested by Community
HELSINKI, FINLAND - February 11, 2010 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released a major update for Shattered Horizon, their PC exclusive multiplayer first-person shooter. The update adds some of the most requested features from the game's active community, including voice chat, a new rank system, tutorial content, 5:4 monitor support and point limited servers as well as fixing several bugs and issues. The game's menus and audio have been given an overhaul and as an added bonus the studio has also released the soundtrack from Shattered Horizon to the community as a free download.
"This update which includes voice chat and other popular suggestions gathered directly from our community makes Shattered Horizon a better experience for all our players," said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer at Futuremark Games Studio. "And with four new levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack Shattered Horizon will soon be even better value too."
Significant New Features:
- Added in game voice chat support.
- Improved ranking system better tailored to both new and existing players.
- Cosmetic changes to player's suit as rank is gained help distinguish between new and experienced players.
- Tutorial screens added to main menu.
- MPR grenades have been made more effective against flying targets.
- HUD targeting brackets no longer appear on spawning astronauts.
- Level loading, team selection and match results screens have been redesigned.
- All game audio has been re-mastered to improve dynamic range.
- Added support for 5:4 monitor resolutions such as 1280x1024.
- Servers can now be set to limit access to players above, below or between configurable point thresholds.
- Server browser list now refreshes player count, level and ping every few seconds. Dead servers are removed from list.
- Added Melee Only (MO) option to server configuration options.
- Fixes for several game and server bugs.
For the complete list of new features, changes, bug fixes and optimizations please visit the Futuremark Games Studio forums: http://futuremark.yougamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1318583
Soundtrack available as a free download:
By popular request, Futuremark Games Studio has released the soundtrack for Shattered Horizon composed by Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen of the band Poets of the Fall as a free download from the game's official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/media/soundtrack
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
- Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
- Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
- Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
- Four new levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95
About Futuremark® Games Studio
Futuremark® Games Studio, wholly owned by Futuremark® Corporation, was formed in January 2008 to create original games with new and entertaining gameplay. Shattered Horizon is the studio's first self-published game. Shattered Horizon is rated Teen by the ESRB and 16 by PEGI. The game carries the NVIDIA®: The Way It's Meant To Be Played seal. Futuremark is based in Helsinki, Finland and maintains a sales office in Saratoga, California. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect