Synology┬« launches Cost-effective, Scalable SMB Solution
DS710+ delivers ultimate energy efficiency and performance
Milton Keynes, UK -February 11, 2010- Synology┬« UK, leaders in open source network attached storage solutions announced today the DiskStation DS710+ aimed primarily at SMB and home enthusiast users. Shipping with Synology's award winning DiskStation Manager 2.2 web-interface, the DS710+ can be set up and configured within minutes without the requirement of extensive technical knowledge.
"As far as a small or medium business is concerned, the DS710+ ticks all the right boxes," exclaimed Victor Chiang, Sales and Marketing Director, Synology UK. "Smaller than the size of a shoe box, the DiskStation is powerful, secure and reliable enough to cope with the majority of a company's backup, IT and internet requirements at a low initial cost outlay and on-going running costs."
The DS710+ is one of the few Synology DiskStations based on an Intel┬« processor, consuming just 31 watts of power1 while providing excellent performance. It can be expanded up to 14TB with the optional DX510 external drive unit (launching March 2010) and supports JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6 delivering over 110MB/s read and 100MB/s write speeds within a Windows environment2.
"Today's small business environments require network attached storage solutions that support multiple clients and protect data while reducing operational costs", said Seth Bobroff, General Manager, Intel Data Center Group, Storage. "The Intel┬« Atom┬Ö processor D410 with integrated storage features within Synology's solution delivers an energy-efficient and cost-effective platform that helps manage networked data."
"Yet again, Synology has done a superb job reducing power consumption to a minimum without compromising functionality and performance", Chiang reiterated. "With the use of Synology's scheduled power down function, hard drive hibernation and wake-on-LAN support, it's possible the DS710+ will consume less power than an energy-saving light bulb3".
With the release of DiskStation Manager 2.3 in March 2010, the free upgrade will enable Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) allowing the use of different capacity drives and a more simplified RAID configuration and setup. The upgrade will also enhance backup, encryption, remote web-file access and add Amazon┬« S3 remote backup support.
The DS710+ is available immediately from dabs.com
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives