Kingston Boosts Speed, Adds TRIM Support to Entry-Level SSD Line
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it will ship its second generation SSDNow V Series solid-state drive (SSD) on February 15. Targeted for mainstream consumers and small and medium businesses, the new Kingston SSDNow V Series offers higher performance than its predecessor and supports Windows 7 TRIM functionality while maintaining pricing. Capacities are 30GB, 64GB and 128GB and the drive comes as a standalone unit or with a bundled solution for desktop or notebook systems.
"Kingston has really increased the performance on the new second generation SSDNow V Series drive without raising the price. A first-generation SSDNow V Series 64GB bundle upgrade kit can be found for about $150 (U.S.) at retailers and e-tailers so maintaining pricing will be huge for our customers," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "By bundling together all of the software, hardware and step-by-step instructions with the drive, we make it easy for everyday users to upgrade with an SSD. The addition of TRIM support is a key benefit because it enables the SSD to maintain optimal performance throughout its lifespan."
Kingston's SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles are the simplest, most efficient upgrade path to inject new life and performance into an existing desktop or notebook PC. There is no need to reload the operating system or do anything that would alter critical data files. The included cloning software makes it simple to move the contents of the existing hard-disk drive (HDD) to the SSD.
The SSDNow V Series upgrade bundle kits include:
Kingston SSDNow V Series solid-state drive
Acronis True Image cloning software and CD installation guide
3.5" mounting brackets and hardware (desktop bundle only)
SATA data and power cable extenders (desktop bundle only)
2.5" USB SATA external enclosure (notebook bundle only)
The Kingston SSDNow V Series and bundle are backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow V Series Features and Specifications:
o 128GB: up to 200MB/sec. read; 160MB/sec. write
o 64GB: up to 200MB/sec. read; 110MB/sec. write
o 30GB: up to 180MB/sec. read; 50MB/sec. write
PCMark HDD 2005**:
o 128GB: 20,177
o 64GB: 21,317
o 30GB: 18,900
Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
Innovative: 2.5" form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
Shock Resistant: no moving parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
Supports TRIM: TRIM notifies the SSD which data blocks are available to be written to
Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
Capacity: 30GB, 64GB, 128GB
Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
Vibration operating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
Vibration non-operating: 20G (20-2000Hz)
Power specs: 128GB, 64GB Active: 5.2W (TYP); Sleep: 0.7W (TYP) - 30GB Active: 1.7W (TYP); Sleep: 0.05W (TYP)
Life expectancy: 128GB , 64GB: 1 million hours MTBF - 30GB: 500,000 hours MTBF
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched