Connect, print and share files with the all-in-one ASUS DSL-N13
New integrated wireless modem router for easy multi-functional capabilities
Sydney, Australia, August 28, 2008 - ASUS, manufacturer of high quality technology, has introduced the new ASUS DSL-N13 wireless modem router.
The DSL-N13 integrates the capabilities of a wireless router, ADSL modem and FTP/print server into a single device enabling users to connect, print and share files on the one network. Quick and easy to set up, the DSL-N13 supports 802.11n wireless LAN for speedy data transfers, ADSL 2 and ADSL 2+ standards for faster downloads, and USB printer and FTP server capabilities for effortless printing and file sharing.
Powered by a well-defined ADSL connection database, the DSL-N13 can automatically detect local ISP settings (VPI/VCI/connection type) in almost every open channel - ADSL implemented territory - eliminating the need for complicated ADSL configurations. Additionally, the DSL-N13 has the capability of delivering download speeds up to 24Mbps (dependant on service providers and actual distances).
For simple file sharing, draw on the ASUS DDNS service via AiDisk which comes with the DSL-N13 - in just five easy steps. This built-up free DDNS server allows users to register unique host names associated with their dynamic IP addresses (eg. ftp://yourname.asus.comm.com) eradicating the need to remember IP addresses. Furthermore, connecting a USB hard disk to the DSL-N13 enables users to create a mini-FTP server for easy file sharing with family, friends and colleagues. Whilst connected to the internet, AiDisk offers the ability to log in via a notebook, PDA or smart phone to instantly back up important files to the home disk.
The DSL-N13 is also equipped with the convenience of Plug 'n' Play feature - multiple users can remotely access a single printer without having a PC or server turned on 24x7. By just plugging in a printer via USB into the DSL-N13, the ASUS Device Discovery utility will automatically display and share it with all LAN users (refer to ASUS online support for compatible printer list).
With Bandwidth-on-Demand, the DSL-N13 allows users to allocate bandwidth according to their individual needs. By simply clicking on their preference, for example, voice or gaming, more or less bandwidth can be assigned to streamline multiple network activities and operate smoothly all at the same time.
Overall the DSL-N13 eliminates complicated configurations and saves on extra costs - it offers simple set up and creates convenience, providing hassle-free connectivity, printing solution and file sharing all-in-one slick package.
The ASUS DSL-N13 will be available through computer resellers in Australia and New Zealand from 1 September 2008 (in Australia) and 30 September (in New Zealand). RRP - AU$299 inc GST, NZ$399 inc GST.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20