Samsung Announces Massive, High-Performance 2 TB Eco-friendly HDDs
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in digital consumer electronics and information technology today announced the F3EG, its new high-performance environmentally-friendly HDD (hard disk drive) for the desktop market. The EcoGreen F3EG, a higher capacity model from its predecessor the F2EG, features 2TB capacity with 500GB per disk that is capable of storing up to 880 hours of DVD video or 500,000 or more songs in MP3 format. With increased recording density, the EcoGreen F3 drive is more power efficient by supporting a capacity up to 2TB with four disks.
"Storage-hungry multimedia professionals, gamers and home PC users continue to increase the amount of video, music, photo and other personal data they store and back-up," said In Cheol Park, vice president, Storage Sales, Samsung Electronics. "The F3EG delivers all the benefits of a low-power drive yet features high performance and is environmentally friendly."
The F3EG utilizes Samsung's EcoTriangle technology to provide eco-friendly components, low-power and low-noise operation technology to its 'EcoGreen' hard drives.
Eliminating halogen compound and brominated flame retardant from the PCBA, the new model is produced with eco-friendly materials and meets all the environmental regulations including RoHS (Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment) which is being applied worldwide as well as the European Union.
Samsung's new hard drive utilizes its low noise operation technology SilentSeek and NoiseGuard to achieve quiet operation.
In addition, with its advanced design and fewer components, the F3EG drive is 40 percent lower in power consumption in idle mode and 10 percent lower in reading/writing mode than competitive drives. The drive received a zero percent failure rate in the unstable voltage environment test.
The EcoGreen Series has been selected as the best-in-class in the area of power consumption for two straight years by IDEMA Japan (International Disk Drive Equipment and Materials Association) in the performance comparison test of HDDs.
The F3EG incorporates a 3.0 Gb/s SATA interface, Native Command Queuing features and a 16MB/32MB buffer memory. The 3.5" F3EG drive is available in 1.5TB and 2TB capacities in the United States and EU markets with a MSRP of $179.99.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes