ASUS Unveils the World's Lowest Radiation Motherboards
ASUS Protect 3.0 with Advanced Protection Shields, Anti-surge Features and System-optimised Efficiency Delivers the Lowest Electromagnetic Emissions in the Industry
Sydney, Australia, 2 January 2010 - ASUS has set a new standard in total motherboard protection with the launch of the ASUS Protect 3.0 Design based on Xtreme Design, which helps protect the earth, systems and users. Equipped with intelligent anti-radiation shielding, the technology lowers the generation and transmission of harmful radiation by up to 50%, offering the lowest electromagnetic emissions from a motherboard in the industry. Additionally, active anti-surge protection helps enhance component and system longevity. Protect 3.0 also includes the ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit) chip to reduce system-wide power consumption by up to 80.23%*, to ensure a more environmentally sustainable operation.
Significant Elimination of Harmful Electromagnetic Rays with Low Radiation Design
On average, users are exposed to about eight hours of electromagnetic radiation daily from computer usage. Protect 3.0 effectively reduces this radiation exposure by up to 50%-achieving the lowest radiation emission levels in the industry. A Low Radiation Circuit Design reduces the radiation produced by electrical components by positioning oppositely-charged electrical flows across each other to cancel out the fields generated. Additionally, a Radiation Moat Design effectively eliminates radiation leakage to surrounding components by confining it to small region around an active area.
Enhanced Component and System Longevity with Anti-Surge Design
With its Anti-Surge Design, Protect 3.0 detects under or overvoltage conditions in components and prevents electrical surges from spreading. Whenever surges occur especially during a thunderstorm or periods of unstable grid power delivery, Anti-Surge will immediately shut off the electrical supply and prevent potential component damage-thus enhancing total system longevity.
Superb Efficiency and Eco-friendly Operations with EPU Energy Saving Design
Protect 3.0 includes the ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit), an energy-saving chip that intelligently reduces power consumption by up to 80.23%. EPU automatically fine-tunes the power channelled to components such as the CPU in real time for superb efficiency. To further reduce energy consumption, EPU also automatically delivers the most appropriate power via intelligent acceleration and overclocking. Such enhanced efficiency results in less CO2 released to the atmosphere from lower power generation. In fact, 10 million EPU-enabled motherboards can help eliminate up to 207,430 tons of CO2**-equivalent to Australia's annual carbon emissions.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni