Kingston Digital Adds TRIM Support, Boosts Capacity in New, Faster SSDNow V+ Solid-State Drive
Second-Generation V+ SSD Boosts System Performance
Fountain Valley, CA -- January 25, 2010 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the second-generation SSDNow V+ solid-state drive. The SSDNow V+ solid-state drive has Windows® 7 TRIM support, is available up to 512GB and provides faster performance than the previous generation.
"The new SSDNow V+ is an ideal solid-state drive for high-level consumers and in corporate environments where efficiency and performance are important as more system resources are in use," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston®. "Users will be more productive as the drive now features TRIM support, is available in higher capacities and is speedier overall with improved read/write speeds."
The addition of TRIM support helps keep the SSDNow V+ maintain optimal write speed throughout its lifespan. Using PCMark® Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7, the 512GB SSDNow V+ drive received a score of 28,264, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive reached 3,294**. PCMark Vantage 1.0.1 for Windows 7 runs a series of tests such as operating system startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes are moved per second.
The SSDNow V+ is the latest addition to Kingston's SSDNow family of solid-state drives. It is available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. As part of Kingston's goal to provide an easy upgrade path, the drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5" USB enclosure, 2.5" to 3.5" mounting brackets and SATA data and power cables.
The Kingston SSDNow V+ solid-state drive is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Speed*: 230MB/sec. read; 180MB/sec. write
- Innovative: 2.5" form factor; uses MLC NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Shock Resistant: no moving mechanical parts means the SSD handles rougher conditions
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity1: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.17G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Power specs: 2.6W active; 0.15W idle
- Life expectancy: 1,000,000 hours MTBF
* Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
** Test system: Intel® DG945ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU at 2.83GHz; 4GB system memory; on-board SATA 3Gbps with AHCI-enabled; Windows® 7 Professional x64
1. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Latest News Posts
- Forza 6 shown off at 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One at Gamescom
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' comes to Blu-ray next month
- Sega's sales significantly drop, and move to mobile hasn't paid off
- Fight erupts after drone drops narcotics into prison yard
- TrendForce: 14M virtual reality units in 2016, mainly used for gaming
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- windows 10 help
- Nem ASUS sabertooth 990fx R2.0+ 4.7 pro freeze
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1
- AccelStor to Set New Standard of All-Flash Array Performance at Flash Memory Summit 2015