Active Media Products Launches 128GB 1.8-Inch PATA ZIF SSD
New 128GB SaberTooth ZX is Ideal Upgrade for Laptops and Netbooks using IDE ZIF Interface
Fremont, California - January 25, 2010 - Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and endangered species USB drives, today added a new 128GB capacity drive to their SaberTooth ZX series of 1.8-inch PATA ZIF SSDs. The new 128GB SSD is ideal for upgrading popular laptops and netbooks. With sequential read speeds up to 80MB/sec and sequential write speeds up to 38MB/sec, the new 128GB ZX delivers impressive bootup, shutdown and application load speeds that are dramatically faster than hard drives.
Measuring 70 x 54 x 5 mm, the ZX has the same dimensions as 1.8-inch HDDs. It uses a parallel ATA (PATA / IDE) ZIF interface, and supports PIO mode 6 and Ultra DMA mode 6. SaberTooth ZX is compatible with most netbooks that use 1.8" PATA ZIF hard drives. The ZX is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade a multitude of mobile computers to higher performance and more local storage. The SaberTooth ZX family now includes 32GB, 64GB and 128GB models.
SaberTooth SSD Advantages
SaberTooth SSDs are custom engineered as a more responsive storage alternative for netbooks. Active Media Products has developed an SSD selector guide to make it easier for users to pick the right SSD to upgrade their netbook. It includes scores of the most popular netbooks, UMPCs and tablet PCs. Upgrading to SaberTooth SSDs offers a wealth of advantages over default HDDs including:
- Substantially faster bootup and application load speeds compared to default netbook HDDs;
- Consume far less power than HDDs, which means you'll enjoy longer battery life and greater productivity;
- Lighter weight than an HDD;
- No moving parts;
- Completely silent operation;
- Produce less heat than an HDD;
- More rugged and reliable than an HDD.
"Now you can get up to 128GB of capacity in a very fast and reliable 1.8-inch ZIF SSD. This drive will make a lot of power users and mobile professionals happy with the performance and capacity gain. By removing the storage bottleneck most systems will enjoy substantially faster performance", Active Media Products' VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement. The ZX includes advanced technologies such as ECC, wear leveling and bad block management that improve reliability and extend endurance. The 128GB SaberTooth ZX, part number N128G-PATAZIF-ZX, is available now through Amazon for $379.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- New Battlefield series interface launches on PS4
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller