Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Quarterly revenue of $3 billion
- Net income of $533 million
- Record unit shipments of 49.9 million
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 20, 2010 - Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended January 1, 2010 of 49.9 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $3.03 billion, gross margin of 30.5%, net income of $533 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.03. The financial results for the quarter include $10 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense or approximately $0.02 per diluted share.
For the six months ended January 1, 2010 the company reported 96.2 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $5.69 billion, gross margin of 27.7%, net income of $712 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.38. The financial results for the six months ended January 1, 2010 include $20 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense, $46 million of restructuring costs and a write down of long-lived assets of $64 million. The aggregate impact of these expense items is $130 million or approximately $0.25 per diluted share.
"Our strong financial performance in the December quarter was the result of our ongoing progress in driving operational efficiencies, our leadership position in high capacity, high performance products, an improved product mix and the overall strength of demand for digital storage," said Steve Luczo, Seagate CEO.
Additional information relating to the financial results for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 can be found online at seagate.com.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review the fiscal second quarter results at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2010, including key underlying assumptions.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows:
USA: (866) 713-8562
International: (617) 597-5310
Participant Passcode: 79349419
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- Survey: 92% think US government must react to foreign cyberattacks
- Don't want forced Windows 10 updates? There's a tool to block them
- Mushkin adds SSDs to ATLAS family, aimed at notebooks, SFFs
- ARK: Survival Evolved receives new 'Survival of the Fittest' game mode
- It's Kirby's time to run around in Unreal Engine 4
- Tesoro Kuven Pro Real 5.1 Gaming Headset Review
- New PC
- Asrock Z97 Extreme9 SLI and Intel 750 question
- Windows 7 - Original Software with Asus laptop
- Antec P70 Performance Series Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Futuremark Peacekeeper to be Discontinued
- Logitech Confirms FY 2016 Outlook with Q1 Sales of $470 Million
- Team Group Announces the MiDRIVE Storage Solution
- Microsoft Releases FY15 Q4 Results
- PNY Reveals the HP v210w 2.0 USB Flash Drive