Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Quarterly revenue of $3 billion
- Net income of $533 million
- Record unit shipments of 49.9 million
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 20, 2010 - Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended January 1, 2010 of 49.9 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $3.03 billion, gross margin of 30.5%, net income of $533 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.03. The financial results for the quarter include $10 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense or approximately $0.02 per diluted share.
For the six months ended January 1, 2010 the company reported 96.2 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $5.69 billion, gross margin of 27.7%, net income of $712 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.38. The financial results for the six months ended January 1, 2010 include $20 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense, $46 million of restructuring costs and a write down of long-lived assets of $64 million. The aggregate impact of these expense items is $130 million or approximately $0.25 per diluted share.
"Our strong financial performance in the December quarter was the result of our ongoing progress in driving operational efficiencies, our leadership position in high capacity, high performance products, an improved product mix and the overall strength of demand for digital storage," said Steve Luczo, Seagate CEO.
Additional information relating to the financial results for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 can be found online at seagate.com.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review the fiscal second quarter results at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2010, including key underlying assumptions.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows:
USA: (866) 713-8562
International: (617) 597-5310
Participant Passcode: 79349419
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- NASA says private space efforts to reach Mars will need support
- TSMC aiming for 10nm production next year, followed by 7nm in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't use Battlelog, has offline singleplayer
- Rockstar fixes login problems with the first patch for GTA V
- Sony Xperia Z4 teased thanks to WikiLeaks' dump of internal Sony docs
- ASUS Laptop keyboard question
- TOSHIBA HDWC130XK3J1 not recognizedon 3.0 usb port
- E3C224-V4L not available anywhere?
- Drives showing incorrect free space after installing 32GB of memory
- Memtest sometimes pass, sometimes dont.
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives