Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2010 Results
- Quarterly revenue of $3 billion
- Net income of $533 million
- Record unit shipments of 49.9 million
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 20, 2010 - Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended January 1, 2010 of 49.9 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $3.03 billion, gross margin of 30.5%, net income of $533 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.03. The financial results for the quarter include $10 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense or approximately $0.02 per diluted share.
For the six months ended January 1, 2010 the company reported 96.2 million disk drive unit shipments, revenue of $5.69 billion, gross margin of 27.7%, net income of $712 million and diluted earnings per share of $1.38. The financial results for the six months ended January 1, 2010 include $20 million of purchased intangibles amortization expense, $46 million of restructuring costs and a write down of long-lived assets of $64 million. The aggregate impact of these expense items is $130 million or approximately $0.25 per diluted share.
"Our strong financial performance in the December quarter was the result of our ongoing progress in driving operational efficiencies, our leadership position in high capacity, high performance products, an improved product mix and the overall strength of demand for digital storage," said Steve Luczo, Seagate CEO.
Additional information relating to the financial results for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 can be found online at seagate.com.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review the fiscal second quarter results at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2010, including key underlying assumptions.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows:
USA: (866) 713-8562
International: (617) 597-5310
Participant Passcode: 79349419
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- EK pushes new Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 water block to the market
- Another underdog chassis company continuing the minimalism trend
- The new Need for Speed is coming coupled with wild feature claims
- The US has released the al-Qaeda application form for digital reading
- Tt eSPORTS re-releases the CRONOS headset with enhanced features
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- I have an AsRock330, how upgradeable?
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD Review
- Help with defective case
- Stuttering issues after F8 BIOS update GA-Z87-HD3
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling