SAMSUNG UNVEILS DUO OF STYLISH, ULTRA-SLIM DIGITAL CAMERAS
TL110 and TL105 Bring New Features and Functionality to Samsung's Ultra-Slim Series
Ridgefield Park, NJ (January 18, 2010) - Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced two new ultra-slim digital cameras, perfect for consumers who want a stylish, on-the-go camera for parties, family gatherings and other special moments. At just 0.65 inches thin, the 14.2 megapixel TL110 and 12.2 megapixel TL105 are each equipped with a 2.7-inch LCD and feature a 5x optical zoom and a 4x optical zoom respectively.
"Consumers want portability in a point and shoot, and we think our ultra-slim TL110 and TL105 address that desire," said Mr. SJ Park, CEO of Samsung Digital Imaging Company. "Despite their size, both the TL110 and TL105 are feature-packed and ideal for beginner and advanced photographers who want a well-equipped but easy to use, compact camera."
Samsung's new models feature an improved 27mm wide-angle lens (for TL110) and 27.5mm wide-angle lens (for TL105) when compared to their predecessor, the TL100. The TL110 has a versatile 5x optical zoom, which is paired with Dual Image Stabilization (IS) to help reduce image blur by combining both Optical and Digital Image stabilizers to produce sharp images. The TL105 offers an expanded 4x optical zoom and features Digital Image Stabilization.
Creative Effects Add to the User Experience
New image effects available with the TL110 and TL105, such as Fisheye and Lomo, let the consumer easily add a touch of creativity to their photos. Similar to other Samsung compact cameras, this duo offers a long list of user-selectable Photo Styles including Normal, Soft, Vivid, Forest, Retro, Cool, Calm, Classic, Negative, Custom RGB and two new options: Sketch and DeFog Clear/Fog Lifting, which cuts through the haze to take clear photos.
HD Video Recording
The TL110 and TL105 put high-definition video recording in the palm of users' hands thanks to the ability to record video at a resolution of 720p / 30fps, using H.264 compression. Additionally, to further simplify users' ability to record the best video possible, the cameras offer Samsung's advanced scene recognition technology, Smart Auto (Still & Movie). Smart Auto has been upgraded from the TL100 as it can now be used with video as well as with still images. Similar to the way the technology analyzes the composition of an image when capturing digital stills, the technology will do the same for video, automatically choosing between one of four pre-programmed settings and selecting the setting that will yield the best footage with proper exposure and color balance.
Consumers who want a little more control over their picture-taking can opt to use the Program mode or choose from a long list of Scene modes. Program mode allows the user to manually set options including ISO, white balance, metering mode, AF, and exposure compensation. Choosing a scene mode that best matches the shooting environment also provides users with some control but doesn't require much effort since the camera automatically adjusts the settings for the selected mode. Available scene modes include Beauty Shot, Night, Frame Guide, Portrait, Children, Landscape, Close-up, Text, Sunset, Dawn Backlight, Beach & Snow, and Fireworks.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., markets a broad range of award-winning, digital consumer electronics and home appliance products, including HDTVs, home theater systems, MP3 players, digital imaging products, refrigerators and washing machines. A recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology, Samsung is the HDTV market leader in the U.S. Please visit http://www.samsung.com for more information.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS