HighPoint Announcing Industry's 1st SATA 6Gb/s RAID Capable Host Adapter
HighPoint Technologies - an innovative host-based RAID controller manufacturer is introducing the RocketRAID 620 Series- the industry's first SATA 3.0 host adapters with RAID 5 capability. The 620 series will double the data rate from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s for high bandwidth PC applications, gaming, digital video and audio, video streaming and graphics applications.
The two members of the RocketRAID 620 Series - RocketRAID 620 (MSRP $69.99) and RocketRAID 622 (MSRP $79.99) will ship mid January 2010. These premier RAID host adapters are based on PCI-Express Gen 2 host interface technology and are designed to optimize storage performance and redundancy with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD. User friendly features include hot plug and hot unplug to add or remove storage devices; and OCE/ORLM to expand storage capacities or migrate to different RAID levels.
High Performance Companion for SATA 6Gb and SSD
The dedicated bandwidth provided by the RocketRAID 620 Series point-to-point connectivity is ideal for SSDs and SATA 6Gb interface storage - each 600MB/s lane is tuned for maximum performance. By supporting backward compatibility to SATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s interface users can seamlessly migrate their existing SATA cables/connectors and hard disks, to the RocketRAID 620 Series controllers.
Port Multiplier - Cost Performance Ratio
The RocketRAID 620 Series offers the most economical way to optimize performance to capacity ratio by supporting port multiplier devices. Smart fan-connectivity enables drive scalability up to 5 SATA drives through a single 600MB/s eSATA channel.
Smart and Robust RocketRAID Management Suite for Major OSes
The RocketRAID Manage Suite provides a user-friendly web-based management interface to maintain storage devices. It incorporates HighPoint's SHI (Storage Health Inspector) technology to provide active and early-warning features to maintain the integrity of the storage environment. The RocketRAID management suite supports every major operating system including Windows 7, Linux and FreeBSD.
The RocketRAID 620 Series are available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs, and ASI).
Latest News Posts
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- Jump into programming with 4 top Java courses
- Apple delays AirPods, says they 'aren't ready'
- Windows 10 Creators Update is all about AR and VR
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software