ASUS Reaffirms Green Initiative with More EPEAT Gold Products
Nine LCD Monitors and the Eee PC Seashell Series Strike EPEAT Gold
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (January 11, 2010) - ASUS, the leading provider of innovative digital solutions has once again delivered products that meet the Electronics Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold certification standards.
Three Eee PC Seashell models (1005HA, 1101HA, and 1001HA) have become the first Eee PC models to receive the EPEAT Gold rating. Also receiving EPEAT Gold certification are nine ASUS LCD monitors which deliver Full HD visuals in an environmentally-friendly package.
"We at ASUS are proud of our environmental efforts in the past years. We will continue to commit to proactively protecting our natural resources. In addition, we will strive for pollution prevention and will persist in our active commitment to clean production and green manufacturing," said Mr. Shih.
These products were evaluated by EPEAT in the following eight environmental categories:
Reduction or elimination of sensitive materials
Design for end of life
Product longevity/ life cycle extension
End of life management
It's Eeeasy to be Green
The EPEAT Gold-rated Eee PCs feature the ASUS-exclusive Super Hybrid Engine technology, which significantly reduces power consumption, undercutting the Energy Star requirement for computer equipment specifications V5.0 by up to 43%. These Eee PCs have been designed for all-day computing, with the 1005HA featuring a battery life of up to 10 hours on a single charge. Further, 90% of their parts, as well as 80% of the packaging materials used are recyclable.
A View to a Greener Future
Nine ASUS LCD monitors have also attained EPEAT Gold certification. The VH202T-P/ VH222H-P/ VH232H-P/ VH236H-P/ VH236HL-P/ VH242H-P/ VH242HL-P/ VH235T-P/ VW198T-P LCD monitors were recognised by EPEAT for reduced mercury usage as well as the use of post-consumer recycled plastics during manufacturing.
These environmental features do not compromise monitor performance and reliability. Available with screen sizes ranging from 19" to 24", these energy-efficient monitors are HDMI-compatible* and are capable of delivering Full HD* images at 1080p (1920 x 1080). They also feature a maximum brightness of 300 cd/? and a contrast ratio of up to 50,000:1 thanks to ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio technology.
A Greener ASUS
These environmental efforts are a result of a company-wide green mindset cultivated by the GreenASUS steering committee led by Jonney Shih, the Chairman of ASUSTek Computer Inc. Through GreenASUS, every decision along the design, procurement, manufacturing and service chain is influenced by what produces the greenest outcome.
ASUS at CES 2010
To find out more about these showcased products and technologies, please visit us at Booth #30368, upper level, South Hall 3 from January 7-10, 2010.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz