TRENDnet Launches the 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 7, 2010-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the high performance 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU. Built for extreme performance, it delivers unsurpassed wireless speed, coverage, and reliability.
Concurrent Dual Band technology transmits two distinct wireless networks simultaneously using the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. This allows users to create an advanced hybrid network in which wireless clients can be assigned to either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz frequency. Most wireless networks operate on the 2.4GHz radio frequency. This frequency is also shared with cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves, and BluetoothTM devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz frequency can degrade wireless performance. Dual Band technology allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz frequency and high-bandwidth applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz frequency, providing a seamless wireless experience.
TRENDnet's TEW-673GRU utilizes Atheros' XSPAN® AR9002AP platform, which consists of the AR9220 and AR9223 XSPAN dual-band radio chipset. This platform features Atheros' 680MHz AR7161 wireless network processor and all Gigabit Ethernet ports, to support unsurpassed bandwidth to both wired and wireless clients.
A color LCD management interface provides real time performance, security, and device information without the need to login to the router. Share content by connecting USB flash drives, hard drives, or printers directly to the two USB ports. Gigabit Ethernet ports offer exceptional wired throughput performance. Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology reduces wireless dead spots, advanced wireless encryption protects your digital content, and WMM® Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connects WPS compliant computers at the touch of a button.
Embedded power saving GREENnetT technology reduces port-based power consumption by up to 70%. An Energy Star Certified power adapter reduces energy consumption by an additional 30% as compared to non-certified adapters.
"TRENDnet announced an earlier version of this router last year," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "However, the product launch was delayed in order to integrate a cool full color LCD management interface and two USB ports. The delay was well worth the wait, and we look forward to sending this high performance, feature rich router out for review."
The 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU, will be available from online and retail partners in February.
The MSRP for the TEW-673GRU is U.S. $149.99.
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com
Latest News Posts
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio