TRENDnet Launches the 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 7, 2010-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the high performance 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU. Built for extreme performance, it delivers unsurpassed wireless speed, coverage, and reliability.
Concurrent Dual Band technology transmits two distinct wireless networks simultaneously using the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. This allows users to create an advanced hybrid network in which wireless clients can be assigned to either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz frequency. Most wireless networks operate on the 2.4GHz radio frequency. This frequency is also shared with cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves, and BluetoothTM devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz frequency can degrade wireless performance. Dual Band technology allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz frequency and high-bandwidth applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz frequency, providing a seamless wireless experience.
TRENDnet's TEW-673GRU utilizes Atheros' XSPAN® AR9002AP platform, which consists of the AR9220 and AR9223 XSPAN dual-band radio chipset. This platform features Atheros' 680MHz AR7161 wireless network processor and all Gigabit Ethernet ports, to support unsurpassed bandwidth to both wired and wireless clients.
A color LCD management interface provides real time performance, security, and device information without the need to login to the router. Share content by connecting USB flash drives, hard drives, or printers directly to the two USB ports. Gigabit Ethernet ports offer exceptional wired throughput performance. Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology reduces wireless dead spots, advanced wireless encryption protects your digital content, and WMM® Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connects WPS compliant computers at the touch of a button.
Embedded power saving GREENnetT technology reduces port-based power consumption by up to 70%. An Energy Star Certified power adapter reduces energy consumption by an additional 30% as compared to non-certified adapters.
"TRENDnet announced an earlier version of this router last year," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "However, the product launch was delayed in order to integrate a cool full color LCD management interface and two USB ports. The delay was well worth the wait, and we look forward to sending this high performance, feature rich router out for review."
The 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU, will be available from online and retail partners in February.
The MSRP for the TEW-673GRU is U.S. $149.99.
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20