TRENDnet Launches the 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -January 7, 2010-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the high performance 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU. Built for extreme performance, it delivers unsurpassed wireless speed, coverage, and reliability.
Concurrent Dual Band technology transmits two distinct wireless networks simultaneously using the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio frequencies. This allows users to create an advanced hybrid network in which wireless clients can be assigned to either the 2.4GHz or the 5GHz frequency. Most wireless networks operate on the 2.4GHz radio frequency. This frequency is also shared with cordless phones, cellular phones, microwaves, and BluetoothTM devices. The crowded nature of the 2.4GHz frequency can degrade wireless performance. Dual Band technology allows users to connect low-bandwidth clients to the more congested 2.4GHz frequency and high-bandwidth applications such as streaming HD multimedia content and online game play to the uncongested 5GHz frequency, providing a seamless wireless experience.
TRENDnet's TEW-673GRU utilizes Atheros' XSPAN® AR9002AP platform, which consists of the AR9220 and AR9223 XSPAN dual-band radio chipset. This platform features Atheros' 680MHz AR7161 wireless network processor and all Gigabit Ethernet ports, to support unsurpassed bandwidth to both wired and wireless clients.
A color LCD management interface provides real time performance, security, and device information without the need to login to the router. Share content by connecting USB flash drives, hard drives, or printers directly to the two USB ports. Gigabit Ethernet ports offer exceptional wired throughput performance. Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology reduces wireless dead spots, advanced wireless encryption protects your digital content, and WMM® Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls, and video streams. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connects WPS compliant computers at the touch of a button.
Embedded power saving GREENnetT technology reduces port-based power consumption by up to 70%. An Energy Star Certified power adapter reduces energy consumption by an additional 30% as compared to non-certified adapters.
"TRENDnet announced an earlier version of this router last year," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "However, the product launch was delayed in order to integrate a cool full color LCD management interface and two USB ports. The delay was well worth the wait, and we look forward to sending this high performance, feature rich router out for review."
The 300Mbps Concurrent Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-673GRU, will be available from online and retail partners in February.
The MSRP for the TEW-673GRU is U.S. $149.99.
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a completeline of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small tomid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnetis headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch officesin Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet productsare sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistentlyrecognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com
Latest News Posts
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- AMD rumored to launch its dual-GPU next month, the Radeon R9 Fury X2
- India's Cochin International airport runs 100% on solar power
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family