HTC EXPANDS MOBILE PHONE PORTFOLIO WITH INTRODUCTION OF S740
HTC S740 Blends Sophisticated Style, Iconic Design and Impressive Functionality With A 12-key and QWERTY Keyboard for A Variety of Messaging
London, UK - August 26 2008 - HTC Corp, a global leader in mobile phone innovation and design, today announced the introduction of the HTC S740, a slim, compact, and stylish smartphone that provides the perfect combination of a traditional 12-key phone design with HTC's signature sliding QWERTY keyboard for optimal messaging. The HTC S740 will be available across Europe from September 2008.
"Demand for high-performance, smart, mobile devices continues to see strong growth globally and HTC is well positioned to meet the varying needs of our diverse customer base," commented Dr. Florian Seiche, Vice President of HTC Europe. "The HTC S740 combines a powerful, premium phone with a full slide-out keypad in a compact and sleek form factor. Clearly, one size does not fit all and the S740 will play an important role in expanding our growing portfolio of devices."
The S740 is designed to offer the most flexible and efficient messaging experience on the market. From the design of its 12-key keypad (ideal for super fast one hand messaging) and full QWERTY keyboard (perfect for those who prefer a two handed messaging experience) both input capabilities ensure efficient and accurate typing, as well as support for POP3, IMAP and Exchange push email. Instant messaging (IM) and SMS can also be accessed through the familiar 12-key interface on the front of the phone.
The HTC S740 features the fastest mobile broadband capabilities with a maximum download speed of 7.2 Mbps, up to 18 times faster than 3G. This true mobile broadband experience allows users to leverage the mobile Internet in a variety of ways including browsing to a favourite website, using Google Maps to find a restaurant for lunch and catching up to the minute news, blog posts and video podcasts with the integrated RSS reader.
The S740 follows the sleek design of HTC's hit consumer handset, the HTC Touch Diamond. This slim smartphone features the same polished black facetted back, a 2.4 inch QVGA display and slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Key HTC S740 product specifications:
Size: 116.3 x 43.4 x 16.3 mm
Weight: 140g with battery
Networks: WCDMA/HSDPA: 900/2100 MHz for EU and Asia
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Maximum speed: UL = 384 kbps; DL = 3.6/7.2 Mbps**
Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Standard
Display: 2..4-inch QVGA screen
Camera: 3..2 megapixel with fixed focus
Internal memory: 256 MB flash; 256 MB RAM
Memory card: microSD
Bluetooth®: 2.0 with EDR
Interface: HTC ExtUSB (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
Battery: 1000 mAh
Talk time: WCDMA: Up to 320 minutes*** / GSM: Up to 380 minutes***
Standby time: WCDMA: Up to 400 hours*** / GSM: Up to 280 hours***
Special features: Sliding QWERTY keyboard, FM radio, Google Maps, RSS Hub
Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM7225, 528 MHz
Founded in 1997, HTC Corp. (HTC) designs, manufactures and markets innovative, feature rich smartphone and PDA Phone devices.
Since its establishment, HTC has developed strong R&D capabilities, pioneered many new designs and product innovations and launched state-of-the-art PDA Phones and smartphones for mobile operators and distributors in Europe, the US, and Asia. These machines are available as HTC devices and as products individually customized for operator and device partners.
HTC is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile device market. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit http://www.htc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines