ioSafe® Introduces the ioSafe Solo SSD - World's First Disaster Proof Solid State External Hard Drive
The ioSafe® Solo SSD is the world's first solid state external hard drive built to protect data from building collapse, fires and floods. With capacities up to 256 GB and an eSATA/USB interface, the rugged ioSafe Solo SSD provides unprecedented physically security for any data that may be vulnerable to natural disaster.
AUBURN, Calif., January 5, 2010 -- ioSafe today announced the availability of the new ioSafe Solo SSD - a solid state, highly ruggedized model of the award-winning ioSafe Solo desktop external hard drive. Combining ioSafe's new proprietary ArmorPlate, a military grade steel outer casing with SSD technology, the new ioSafe Solo SSD adds unprecedented shock, drop and crush protection to the existing fire and water protection.
The ioSafe Solo SSD combined with ArmorPlate helps to protect data in a two story building collapse, 5000 lb. crush forces, 20' drop into rubble and up to a 1000g shock. In addition the original HydroSafe, FloSafe and DataCast work to keep the drive cool during normal operation and protect the data from fires up to 1550°F for 1/2 hour and complete water submersion of 30' for 30 days in fresh or salt water. Like all ioSafe products, the ioSafe Solo SSD comes with ioSafe's Data Recovery Service, a "no questions asked" policy to help customers recover from any data disaster including accidental deletion, virus or physical disaster.
"The new ioSafe Solo SSD is the world's most rugged and versatile desktop external hard drive. In addition to the USB interface, the new eSATA connection allows for fast data transfers and full compatibility with almost any Microsoft, MS Server, Linux or Mac operating system. The ioSafe Solo SSD can be used alone or in conjunction with any offsite or online backup strategy to add real time, zero data loss, synchronous disaster protection to any data that sits vulnerable," said ioSafe CEO, Robb Moore. "Businesses, especially small businesses, struggle with disaster recovery and regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, PCI or Sarbanes Oxley, can use ioSafe hardware to add simple, inexpensive and secure protection. The ioSafe Solo is one of the easiest, fastest and least expensive ways to protect your data."
Pricing and availability
Prices are $499 for 64 GB, $749 for 128 GB and $1250 for 256 GB. The ioSafe Solo SSD will be shipping in February 2010 and available through the ioSafe website, http://www.hddfiresafe.com , Ingram Micro and international distributors.
Like an aircraft black box for data, ioSafe provides rugged, fireproof, waterproof hardware and disaster recovery services as a cost-effective way for corporations and consumers alike to protect their irreplaceable data. ioSafe is a privately held company with headquarters in Auburn, Calif. For more information, please visit http://www.iosafe.com.
Latest News Posts
- SandyNet offers 1Gbps unlimited fiber for $60 per month in Oregon
- MAINGEAR launches new gaming PCs featuring Intel Skylake
- World of Warcraft subscriber numbers reach a 9-year low
- Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break release date announced: April 5, 2016
- Diablo 3 has sold over 30 million copies across all platforms
- Intel "Skylake" Core i7-6700K CPU (Z170 Chipset and GT530) Review
- p67 Extreme6 BIOS Update without Windows
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- Create More Space for Your Gaming Experience with New Seagate Game Drive for Xbox
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1