Hynix Introduces World's First 40 nm Class 2 Gb GDDR5 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc., today announced the industry's first 2Gb (Gigabit) GDDR5 using its leading-edge 40nm class process technology.
The newly developed GDDR5 is the fastest and highest density graphics memory available in the market. It operates at 7Gbps (Gigabit per second) bandwidth and processes up to 28 GB/s (Gigabytes per second) with a 32-bit I/O. In addition to its fastest speed and highest density, it is also designed to minimize power consumption with 1.35V operation voltage. It is an 'eco-friendly' device which reduces energy consumption by 20% over the preceding memory solutions using 50nm class technology.
GDDR, Graphics Double Data Rate, is an ultra high speed Graphics DRAM that processes graphic data in electronic devices such as personal computer and game consoles. This product is especially ideal in high end applications of desk PC and laptop. The demand of Graphics DRAM for servers and super computers is expected to increase.
Hynix plans to start mass production of 2Gb GDDR5 in the second half of next year to meet the increasing demand for high performance graphics DRAM.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller