Hynix Introduces World's First 40 nm Class 2 Gb GDDR5 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor Inc., today announced the industry's first 2Gb (Gigabit) GDDR5 using its leading-edge 40nm class process technology.
The newly developed GDDR5 is the fastest and highest density graphics memory available in the market. It operates at 7Gbps (Gigabit per second) bandwidth and processes up to 28 GB/s (Gigabytes per second) with a 32-bit I/O. In addition to its fastest speed and highest density, it is also designed to minimize power consumption with 1.35V operation voltage. It is an 'eco-friendly' device which reduces energy consumption by 20% over the preceding memory solutions using 50nm class technology.
GDDR, Graphics Double Data Rate, is an ultra high speed Graphics DRAM that processes graphic data in electronic devices such as personal computer and game consoles. This product is especially ideal in high end applications of desk PC and laptop. The demand of Graphics DRAM for servers and super computers is expected to increase.
Hynix plans to start mass production of 2Gb GDDR5 in the second half of next year to meet the increasing demand for high performance graphics DRAM.
Latest News Posts
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now