LaCie Partners with Symwave to Introduce World's First USB 3.0 Dual-Drive RAID Storage Solution
LaCie 2Big USB 3.0 delivers record speed with performance up to 275 MB/s
2010 International CES:
PORTLAND, Ore. & LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LaCie, a leading provider of professional storage solutions, in collaboration with Symwave Inc., a leading silicon supplier of system solutions for SuperSpeed USB devices, today announced the industry's first dual hard disk RAID storage solution based on the new SuperSpeed USB (3.0) standard. LaCie's 2Big USB 3.0, a dual-disk RAID 0/1 storage solution, powered by Symwave's USB 3.0 standard-compliant dual SATA and RAID bridge controller, reaches the highest throughput ever achieved in a USB 3.0 external storage product - setting a new standard in the dual disk market. The 2Big USB 3.0 will be available in up to 4TB capacities and is bundled with award-winning backup software for both Mac and PC users.
"LaCie has a strong worldwide brand and a proven track record for developing high-performance and innovative storage solutions. This collaboration with LaCie, which coincides with our SW6318 USB 3.0 dual-SATA product announcement is yet another first in the industry and for Symwave," said John O'Neill, Vice President of Marketing at Symwave. "The end user experience of external storage is undergoing a very significant upgrade with the launch of USB 3.0 products. We are pleased to be leading the market transition with such a strong partner like LaCie."
"Offering fast speeds is a major priority for LaCie. Our customers have long-awaited a robust, super fast interface to enable a better workflow. Symwave's industry-leading dual SATA bridge controller enabled us to address this demand, and to achieve the highest speed ever obtained with a dual-disk solution," said Minh Lê, Marketing Director at LaCie. "LaCie intends to lead the market transition to USB 3.0 technology and will launch a full range of products in the coming months."
Now professionals who require a large data flow can leverage the USB 3.0 interface. Developed for users that require sizeable data flow and fast storage products - such as video professionals who needs high bandwidth, the 2Big USB 3.0 will let users transfer a high-definition uncompressed video at speeds up to 275MB/s burst read transfer speed, or perform real time streaming and editing of multiple HD files simultaneously.
The LaCie 2big USB 3.0 will be available in early 2010 and will be showcased at CES 2010, January 7-10, 2009 in both the USB-IF Pavilion (South Hall) and in Symwave's private suite at the Las Vegas Hilton (Suite #2900). For more information or to schedule a customer or press demo, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Europe, Singapore, and Hong Kong, LaCie is a leading provider of integrated storage solutions including external and online storage, color monitors, and accessories that help professionals and everyday users manage their digital lives. LaCie has differentiated its products through original designs and leading-edge technology. Established in France in 1989, LaCie is listed on Euronext under FR0000054314 (LAC). For more information on LaCie, visit http://www.lacie.com.
About Symwave, Inc
Symwave is a global fabless semiconductor company developing connectivity SoCs (Systems-on-Chip) and software solutions that enable PCs and other consumer electronic devices to realize the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0. The USB 3.0 standard improves device power management, transfers data tenfold faster and maintains backwards compatibility with the billions of USB ports shipped to date. Symwave's high-performance analog/mixed-signal products leverage the company's proprietary technology, IP and silicon design capabilities to bring the benefits of uncompromised speed in low-cost standard CMOS processes. The company is privately held with headquarters in Orange County, Calif., and design centers in Shenzhen, China, and San Diego, Calif. Symwave is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kodiak Venture Partners and CMEA Ventures and a recent investment by SMSC (NASDAQ:SMSC). Additional information is available at http://www.symwave.com.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- Exploding Beats headphones aren't Apple's fault
- Samsung: Galaxy S8 is 2-for-1 in the US only right now
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning