QNAP Expands Capabilities of Its Business-class Turbo NAS Servers with Upgraded NAS Management Software
New Version 3.2 of Embedded NAS Management Software Enhances iSCSI Capabilities, Supports Storage Server Deployment in Virtualized and Clustered Environment, Facilitates Apple® Time Machine Backups, and Improved Web File Manager
Taiwan, Taipei, December 2009 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today announced an impressive update to the NAS management software that powers its business-class Intel®-based Turbo NAS servers. The NAS management software version 3.2, embedded as firmware, provides a segment-leading iSCSI target solution supporting SPC-3 persistent reservation, MPIO and MC/S allowing forward-thinking SMB and corporate customers the ability to deploy the NAS as a storage server in the virtualized and clustered infrastructure. Additionally, the newly updated management software also steps up its backup capabilities by adding Apple® Time Machine support and even redundant backups to Amazon's S3 cloud storage platform.
In addition, for ease of management, IT administrators can also benefit from the DFS support (Share Folder Aggregation), import of user-list, and customizable Daylight Saving Time. Further, the next-generation Internet Protocol, IPv6, has also been incorporated for future networking evolution. QNAP's Web File Manager 2 features an entirely redesigned user interface and functionality for improved file sharing and management. WebDAV is also available for users to collaboratively share, access, and edit files over HTTP and HTTPs.
"The V3.2 firmware brings the advanced and competitive iSCSI solution, backup, and management features, which effectively offer a competitive and secure solution to serve administrators" said James Wu, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. Besides, to increase its usability, the new 3.2 NAS management firmware also includes two new languages - Dutch and Czech, for its management interface. "We've also made numerous improvements to make our business-class models more efficient to manage for administrators and lay a foundation for future improvements." Mr. Wu added.
The new 3.2 firmware is available immediately for free download at http://www.qnap.com/download.asp for owners of the following QNAP Turbo NAS models:
TS-239 Pro* / TS-439 Pro* / TS-439U* / TS-639 Pro* / SS-439 Pro* / SS-839 Pro* / TS-509 Pro / TS-809 Pro / TS-809U (Intel-based models)
*Intel Atom-based models
The new firmware will also be pre-installed in new QNAP models from December. Please visit the QNAP website for additional product information and to locate a reseller or distributor. http://www.qnap.com
QNAP offers the broadest lineup of NAS server enclosures currently available. QNAP Turbo NAS servers are available in 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8-bay tower & rack mount configurations to fit consumer's needs, including small/medium business, workgroups, and entry-level enterprise networks. Most QNAP NAS servers feature hot-swap removable cartridge drives, and offer unique features including virtual disk, and dual Gigabit LAN ports with fail-over, load-balancing and multi-IP setting capabilities for all Intel-based models. QNAP NAS servers are ideal for simple website hosting, ultra-high performance RAID storage supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 5+ hot spare (4 drive and higher models), stand-alone file downloading, network-wide backups, printer sharing, video surveillance, and a whole lot more. QNAP NAS servers are fully compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX networks and incorporate green power management technologies.
Latest News Posts
- Full PC with AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper starts at just $1699
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U spotted, new APU rocks Vega GPU tech
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers