QNAP Expands Capabilities of Its Business-class Turbo NAS Servers with Upgraded NAS Management Software
New Version 3.2 of Embedded NAS Management Software Enhances iSCSI Capabilities, Supports Storage Server Deployment in Virtualized and Clustered Environment, Facilitates Apple® Time Machine Backups, and Improved Web File Manager
Taiwan, Taipei, December 2009 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today announced an impressive update to the NAS management software that powers its business-class Intel®-based Turbo NAS servers. The NAS management software version 3.2, embedded as firmware, provides a segment-leading iSCSI target solution supporting SPC-3 persistent reservation, MPIO and MC/S allowing forward-thinking SMB and corporate customers the ability to deploy the NAS as a storage server in the virtualized and clustered infrastructure. Additionally, the newly updated management software also steps up its backup capabilities by adding Apple® Time Machine support and even redundant backups to Amazon's S3 cloud storage platform.
In addition, for ease of management, IT administrators can also benefit from the DFS support (Share Folder Aggregation), import of user-list, and customizable Daylight Saving Time. Further, the next-generation Internet Protocol, IPv6, has also been incorporated for future networking evolution. QNAP's Web File Manager 2 features an entirely redesigned user interface and functionality for improved file sharing and management. WebDAV is also available for users to collaboratively share, access, and edit files over HTTP and HTTPs.
"The V3.2 firmware brings the advanced and competitive iSCSI solution, backup, and management features, which effectively offer a competitive and secure solution to serve administrators" said James Wu, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. Besides, to increase its usability, the new 3.2 NAS management firmware also includes two new languages - Dutch and Czech, for its management interface. "We've also made numerous improvements to make our business-class models more efficient to manage for administrators and lay a foundation for future improvements." Mr. Wu added.
The new 3.2 firmware is available immediately for free download at http://www.qnap.com/download.asp for owners of the following QNAP Turbo NAS models:
TS-239 Pro* / TS-439 Pro* / TS-439U* / TS-639 Pro* / SS-439 Pro* / SS-839 Pro* / TS-509 Pro / TS-809 Pro / TS-809U (Intel-based models)
*Intel Atom-based models
The new firmware will also be pre-installed in new QNAP models from December. Please visit the QNAP website for additional product information and to locate a reseller or distributor. http://www.qnap.com
QNAP offers the broadest lineup of NAS server enclosures currently available. QNAP Turbo NAS servers are available in 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8-bay tower & rack mount configurations to fit consumer's needs, including small/medium business, workgroups, and entry-level enterprise networks. Most QNAP NAS servers feature hot-swap removable cartridge drives, and offer unique features including virtual disk, and dual Gigabit LAN ports with fail-over, load-balancing and multi-IP setting capabilities for all Intel-based models. QNAP NAS servers are ideal for simple website hosting, ultra-high performance RAID storage supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 5+ hot spare (4 drive and higher models), stand-alone file downloading, network-wide backups, printer sharing, video surveillance, and a whole lot more. QNAP NAS servers are fully compatible with Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX networks and incorporate green power management technologies.
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent