ASUS Wins Eight 2010 iF Product Design Awards
UX Series Notebooks and Eee PC Seashell Netbooks win International Forum Design awards
Sydney, Australia, 10 December 2009 - Eight ASUS products have won iF (International Forum Design) awards, in the Product Design category. An international expert jury commissioned by iF named the ASUS UX Series notebooks, UX30 notebook, P30 notebook, chiclet keyboard, Eee PC Seashell Series netbooks, EeeKeyboard PC, CG 5290 desktop PC and SBC-04D1S-U external Blu-ray disc combo drive as winners of the prestigious awards.
Since their introduction in 1953, the iF design awards have been an indicator of proven quality in design. Entrants for the Product Design Award are evaluated on design quality, finish, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental impact, functionality, ergonomics, visualisation of intended use, safety, brand value and branding and universal design. The attainment of eight awards demonstrates ASUS's strength in market research, material development, mechanical design, industrial design and packaging.
The ASUS 2010 iF product design award winners are:
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry slashing jobs, continues shift away from smartphones
- Intel will talk about its 10nm production later this year
- Codemasters delays F1 2015, new release date of July 10
- Big developers have joined AMD and PC Gamer's PC Gaming Show at E3
- Palmer Luckey being sued by his previous employee over the Oculus Rift
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling