ASUS Wins Eight 2010 iF Product Design Awards
UX Series Notebooks and Eee PC Seashell Netbooks win International Forum Design awards
Sydney, Australia, 10 December 2009 - Eight ASUS products have won iF (International Forum Design) awards, in the Product Design category. An international expert jury commissioned by iF named the ASUS UX Series notebooks, UX30 notebook, P30 notebook, chiclet keyboard, Eee PC Seashell Series netbooks, EeeKeyboard PC, CG 5290 desktop PC and SBC-04D1S-U external Blu-ray disc combo drive as winners of the prestigious awards.
Since their introduction in 1953, the iF design awards have been an indicator of proven quality in design. Entrants for the Product Design Award are evaluated on design quality, finish, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental impact, functionality, ergonomics, visualisation of intended use, safety, brand value and branding and universal design. The attainment of eight awards demonstrates ASUS's strength in market research, material development, mechanical design, industrial design and packaging.
The ASUS 2010 iF product design award winners are:
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards