ASUS Wins Eight 2010 iF Product Design Awards
UX Series Notebooks and Eee PC Seashell Netbooks win International Forum Design awards
Sydney, Australia, 10 December 2009 - Eight ASUS products have won iF (International Forum Design) awards, in the Product Design category. An international expert jury commissioned by iF named the ASUS UX Series notebooks, UX30 notebook, P30 notebook, chiclet keyboard, Eee PC Seashell Series netbooks, EeeKeyboard PC, CG 5290 desktop PC and SBC-04D1S-U external Blu-ray disc combo drive as winners of the prestigious awards.
Since their introduction in 1953, the iF design awards have been an indicator of proven quality in design. Entrants for the Product Design Award are evaluated on design quality, finish, choice of materials, degree of innovation, environmental impact, functionality, ergonomics, visualisation of intended use, safety, brand value and branding and universal design. The attainment of eight awards demonstrates ASUS's strength in market research, material development, mechanical design, industrial design and packaging.
The ASUS 2010 iF product design award winners are:
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,056 awards in 2008, and is widely credited with revolutionising the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card