ADAPTEC DISCUSSES ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN THE DATA CENTER IN TECHTARGET PODCAST
Channel Education Needs to Start Today On How to Buy For the Future
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT)
WHAT: With data centers continuing to grow at an exponential rate, power consumption is following suit. In order to address this issue and realize better energy efficiency, there are two options: 1) deploy equipment that is "fundamentally" more efficient, such as cooling, power-efficient CPUs, memory, etc. or 2) use less equipment - for example, server virtualization and multi-core CPUs allow for the same amount (or more) work with fewer physical resources. However, these changes do not address I/O - CPUs and networks have increased 100 times in speed over the last ten years, but I/Os per second and latency have remained the same.
SSDs change that equation. By combining the benefits of SSD latency and IOPS with SATA drive capacity and price into a High-Performance Hybrid Array (HPHA) - data center managers can achieve maximum I/O performance while reducing power consumption.
This podcast will discuss how data center managers, value-added resellers and system integrators can achieve energy efficiency in the data center.
WHERE: Search CIO/TechTarget
Learn how energy efficiency can be achieved in data centers
Understand HPHAs and their benefits to data center managers
Understand the benefits of Adaptec's data conditioning technologies, including the MaxIQ SSD Cache Performance Solution and Intelligent Power Management
Listen to Adaptec's vice president of technology, Jon Flower, and StorageIO's founder and senior analyst, Greg Schulz, discuss the power savings possible in today's demanding data centers
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now