ADAPTEC DISCUSSES ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN THE DATA CENTER IN TECHTARGET PODCAST
Channel Education Needs to Start Today On How to Buy For the Future
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT)
WHAT: With data centers continuing to grow at an exponential rate, power consumption is following suit. In order to address this issue and realize better energy efficiency, there are two options: 1) deploy equipment that is "fundamentally" more efficient, such as cooling, power-efficient CPUs, memory, etc. or 2) use less equipment - for example, server virtualization and multi-core CPUs allow for the same amount (or more) work with fewer physical resources. However, these changes do not address I/O - CPUs and networks have increased 100 times in speed over the last ten years, but I/Os per second and latency have remained the same.
SSDs change that equation. By combining the benefits of SSD latency and IOPS with SATA drive capacity and price into a High-Performance Hybrid Array (HPHA) - data center managers can achieve maximum I/O performance while reducing power consumption.
This podcast will discuss how data center managers, value-added resellers and system integrators can achieve energy efficiency in the data center.
WHERE: Search CIO/TechTarget
Learn how energy efficiency can be achieved in data centers
Understand HPHAs and their benefits to data center managers
Understand the benefits of Adaptec's data conditioning technologies, including the MaxIQ SSD Cache Performance Solution and Intelligent Power Management
Listen to Adaptec's vice president of technology, Jon Flower, and StorageIO's founder and senior analyst, Greg Schulz, discuss the power savings possible in today's demanding data centers
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS