ADAPTEC DISCUSSES ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN THE DATA CENTER IN TECHTARGET PODCAST
Channel Education Needs to Start Today On How to Buy For the Future
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT)
WHAT: With data centers continuing to grow at an exponential rate, power consumption is following suit. In order to address this issue and realize better energy efficiency, there are two options: 1) deploy equipment that is "fundamentally" more efficient, such as cooling, power-efficient CPUs, memory, etc. or 2) use less equipment - for example, server virtualization and multi-core CPUs allow for the same amount (or more) work with fewer physical resources. However, these changes do not address I/O - CPUs and networks have increased 100 times in speed over the last ten years, but I/Os per second and latency have remained the same.
SSDs change that equation. By combining the benefits of SSD latency and IOPS with SATA drive capacity and price into a High-Performance Hybrid Array (HPHA) - data center managers can achieve maximum I/O performance while reducing power consumption.
This podcast will discuss how data center managers, value-added resellers and system integrators can achieve energy efficiency in the data center.
WHERE: Search CIO/TechTarget
Learn how energy efficiency can be achieved in data centers
Understand HPHAs and their benefits to data center managers
Understand the benefits of Adaptec's data conditioning technologies, including the MaxIQ SSD Cache Performance Solution and Intelligent Power Management
Listen to Adaptec's vice president of technology, Jon Flower, and StorageIO's founder and senior analyst, Greg Schulz, discuss the power savings possible in today's demanding data centers
Latest News Posts
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- PS4 Slim supports 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Rovio developing 'Angry Birds Movie' sequel
- KFC denies leak of 11 secret herbs and spices recipe
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop