ADAPTEC DISCUSSES ENERGY EFFICIENCY IN THE DATA CENTER IN TECHTARGET PODCAST
Channel Education Needs to Start Today On How to Buy For the Future
WHO: Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT)
WHAT: With data centers continuing to grow at an exponential rate, power consumption is following suit. In order to address this issue and realize better energy efficiency, there are two options: 1) deploy equipment that is "fundamentally" more efficient, such as cooling, power-efficient CPUs, memory, etc. or 2) use less equipment - for example, server virtualization and multi-core CPUs allow for the same amount (or more) work with fewer physical resources. However, these changes do not address I/O - CPUs and networks have increased 100 times in speed over the last ten years, but I/Os per second and latency have remained the same.
SSDs change that equation. By combining the benefits of SSD latency and IOPS with SATA drive capacity and price into a High-Performance Hybrid Array (HPHA) - data center managers can achieve maximum I/O performance while reducing power consumption.
This podcast will discuss how data center managers, value-added resellers and system integrators can achieve energy efficiency in the data center.
WHERE: Search CIO/TechTarget
Learn how energy efficiency can be achieved in data centers
Understand HPHAs and their benefits to data center managers
Understand the benefits of Adaptec's data conditioning technologies, including the MaxIQ SSD Cache Performance Solution and Intelligent Power Management
Listen to Adaptec's vice president of technology, Jon Flower, and StorageIO's founder and senior analyst, Greg Schulz, discuss the power savings possible in today's demanding data centers
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio