Fujitsu contributes to Largest Thin Client Installation Worldwide
A Service provider for Sparkassen deploys over 100,000 thin clients, the largest thin client installation ever
Munich, December 07, 2009 -
Fujitsu today announces its contribution to the largest thin client deployment worldwide: an IT service provider for Sparkassen, the Savings Banks Financial Group in Germany, has deployed over 100,000 thin clients, of which Fujitsu has supplied a considerable share of more than 40,000 units. This is the largest thin client deployment ever and signals that thin clients will continue to gain market share due to benefits that include high reliability, low cost, energy efficiency and minimized management and administration needs.
In their multi-vendor thin client environment, Sparkassen's service provider has deployed a range of Fujitsu FUTRO thin clients, including FUTRO A250, FUTRO S400, FUTRO S500/ S550. Fujitsu's thin client software solution was the base for this huge thin client installation, developed in conjunction with the eLux/Scout (UniCon) platform. The open platform supporting all major operating systems as well as the company's strong relationship with UniCon, are significant advantages and are the backbone for this success story.
This largest ever thin client deployment began at the end of 2006, and the customer plans to roll-out a total deploy-ment of approximately 180,000 by 2011. Customers have found that Fujitsu's open platform for IT infrastructures provides an easy entry into the flexible and scalable thin client environment. In addition, Fujitsu makes it easy to migrate existing hardware with USB stick or PXE, reducing costs associated with migration to thin client environment. Fujitsu provides a lean and flexible client management down to the image level, and minimizes update or upgrade costs.
Thin clients offer a number of advantages over traditional PC environments. A read-only file system guarantees high security and resistance against viruses as well as illegal software, providing high availability as users can't influence the stability of the operating system. No rotating parts means that thin client devices operate soundlessly and have a longer lifetime. In addition, thin clients have a much lower total cost of ownership due to reduced service and support costs.
Rajat Kakar, Vice President Clients Group at Fujitsu Technology Solutions says: "This major deployment is an important signal to the market that thin clients are no longer just a niche solution, but are a viable, cost-efficient solution for companies that want to maximize the number of workstations without adding costs or IT administration and management time. Fujitsu's comprehensive technology portfolio and services make it easy to migrate existing hardware to the thin client system, and companies quickly see the results in cost-savings and reduced administrative needs."
Fujitsu's thin client portfolio provides solutions for both classic server-based computing and virtual infrastructures, and is certified for virtual workplace solutions. The FUTRO S450 provides a lean mainstream system for SBC and VDI. In addition, the FUTRO S550 and the Thin Client Kit ESPRIMO C/E offer options for fully configurable devices to meet individual needs.
Fujitsu is a leading provider of IT-based business solutions for the global marketplace. With approximately 175,000 employees supporting customers in 70 countries, Fujitsu combines a worldwide corps of systems and services experts with highly reliable computing and communications products and advanced microelectronics to deliver added value to customers. Headquartered in Tokyo, Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.6 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com
Latest News Posts
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Make us an awesome TweakTown wallpaper, win a Corsair Hydro H110i GT
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader