Shattered Horizon - Dedicated Server Released to Community
Helsinki, Finland -December 3, 2009 - Futuremark® Games Studio today released the dedicated server for Shattered Horizon, their multiplayer first-person shooter played in zero gravity. With dedicated servers PC gamers can choose how they want to play Shattered Horizon and who they want to play with, giving them greater protection from cheats, hackers and griefers and more control over the game's settings. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/
The release of the dedicated server was accompanied by a minor game update and a new bundle offer from the Futuremark Store that includes Shattered Horizon and 3DMark Vantage Advanced Edition (Futuremark's DirectX 10 gaming benchmark) together for only $29.95 / 24.95. http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow/
"PC gamers expect dedicated servers in a multiplayer game," said Jaakko Haapasalo, producer. "We have been working closely with selected hosting partners to ensure that the Shattered Horizon dedicated server includes the features that are most important to our community."
Dedicated server features
GUI for creating custom level rotations, game settings and player limits.
Custom server name, graphic and information URL.
Optional password protection for private matches.
Remote admin console accessible within Shattered Horizon game client.
Configurable auto-team balancing.
Configurable auto-kick / ban for team-killers and high-ping connections.
Built-in anti-cheat detection with configurable auto-kick / ban.
Admin manual kick / ban.
Support for VAC.
Registered servers can submit player stats and achievements to the official leaderboards (registration is optional and free).
LAN game support.
Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Note, DirectX 10 is not required for running a Shattered Horizon server.
Players and server hosting companies can download the Shattered Horizon server files now from the "Tools" tab within Steam.
Shattered Horizon Update 188.8.131.52
The release of the server is accompanied by a minor game update.
HUD: Ammo count is no longer shown in scoped mode when running silent.
HUD: When a player tries to capture a control point that is blocked by an enemy player the word "Blocked" will appear on the HUD.
HUD: Chat is now enabled during silent running or while EMPed.
Network protocol updated to support new server features.
Added console for remote server control.
Added "rules" section to in-game server browser, so players can choose servers with or without friendly fire or team auto-balancing for example.
Server disconnect messages now include more information about the reason for disconnection for example, kicked for cheating, team-killing or high ping.
Bug fix: Improved error handling during start-up logo videos.
About Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the innovative first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of zero gravity combat in space.
Multiplayer first-person shooter set in near-Earth space 40 years from now.
Experience intense zero gravity combat and complete freedom of movement. Use your rocket pack to fly freely through space then land on any surface.
Join your friends in action-packed 32 player battles fighting to control hollowed-out asteroids, huge fragments of Moon rock and the ruined remains of the International Space Station.
Four more levels coming soon in the free Moonrise content pack.
Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9. Suggested retail price: 19.95 / $19.95 / £14.95 Available now from Steam and the official website: http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/buynow
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines