Vantec Announces a Comprehensive Line of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Products
Featuring two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 models of Vantec's popular NexStar 3 Line as well as USB 3.0 PCI-Express and ExpressCard/34 Host Cards
FREMONT, California - December 1, 2009 - Vantec Thermal Technologies, a worldwide leader specializing in computer accessories announces four new products utilizing the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface including two hard drive enclosures-one for each form factor, a PCI-Express card and an ExpressCard/34 adapter.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is the next generation bus interface offering transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps (625Mbps) and it is fully backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. The new 2.5" and 3.5" enclosures will be based off of Vantec's popular NexStar 3 Hard Drive Enclosures and will be initially available in Onyx Black and boast a mirror finish.
Being the pioneer in the Built-Your-Own-Drive market, Vantec has continued to expand their popular NexStar 3 line with support for more interfaces along with the support for newer hard drives. By integrating SuperSpeed USB 3.0, Vantec has now updated the extensive line of external hard drive enclosures allowing the support for the latest interface. The two new add-on cards directly complement the interface upgrade and will be released with the enclosures.
Founded in 1994, Vantec is a leading brand of computer accessories that provides a complete line of Storage, Thermal, and Mobile solutions. Vantec is devoted to every computer user from mainstream to enthusiast. Vantec's goal is to provide a complete and affordable way for computing needs of all kinds. For more information, visit http://www.vantecusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix is finally set for launch in Australia and New Zealand
- EA announces Battlefield Hardline Premium for $50
- Qualcomm teases Snapdragon 820 processor for late 2015, early 2016
- LG details its Watch Urbane smartwatch in its latest video
- Hands-on with HTC's latest One M9 smartphone at MWC 2015
- Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 SMB NAS Review
- Asus x75a motherboard replacement
- Intel's new Cherry Trail x5, x7 and x3 Atom SoC Lineup Preview
- PC-O7S availability (USA)?
- Asrock z97 extreme6 & vga
- Moshi iLynx 3.0: 4-port USB 3.0 Hits Australia and New Zealand
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees