Vantec Announces a Comprehensive Line of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Products
Featuring two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 models of Vantec's popular NexStar 3 Line as well as USB 3.0 PCI-Express and ExpressCard/34 Host Cards
FREMONT, California - December 1, 2009 - Vantec Thermal Technologies, a worldwide leader specializing in computer accessories announces four new products utilizing the new SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface including two hard drive enclosures-one for each form factor, a PCI-Express card and an ExpressCard/34 adapter.
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 is the next generation bus interface offering transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps (625Mbps) and it is fully backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. The new 2.5" and 3.5" enclosures will be based off of Vantec's popular NexStar 3 Hard Drive Enclosures and will be initially available in Onyx Black and boast a mirror finish.
Being the pioneer in the Built-Your-Own-Drive market, Vantec has continued to expand their popular NexStar 3 line with support for more interfaces along with the support for newer hard drives. By integrating SuperSpeed USB 3.0, Vantec has now updated the extensive line of external hard drive enclosures allowing the support for the latest interface. The two new add-on cards directly complement the interface upgrade and will be released with the enclosures.
The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 products will be available at major retailers early next year. For additional product information and full technical specifications, please visit http://www.vantecusa.com.
Founded in 1994, Vantec is a leading brand of computer accessories that provides a complete line of Storage, Thermal, and Mobile solutions. Vantec is devoted to every computer user from mainstream to enthusiast. Vantec's goal is to provide a complete and affordable way for computing needs of all kinds. For more information, visit http://www.vantecusa.com.
Latest News Posts
- GameStop: Gamers won't have as many console bundles in 2015
- North Korea denies hacking South Korean nuclear power company
- 3D Robotics releases DroneKit open source API for app development
- UNICEF launches Kid Power campaign utilizing wearables
- US government wasting plenty of money on drones, with little oversight
- Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi