Synology® target budget-conscious home and small business users
The DS210j and DS410j, featuring all the functionality at a lower price
Milton Keynes, UK -November 26, 2009- Synology® UK, leaders in open source network attached storage solutions announced today their new line-up of budget servers designed for home and small business users. The Disk Station DS210j and 410j are packed with file sharing, internet, security and multimedia features as part of Synology's award winning open source firmware. However, the key to success behind these new models are their performance and price.
"Never before has such a feature packed NAS device been such good value" remarked Victor Chiang, Sales & Marketing Director, Synology UK. "The DS210j and 410j are ideal for anyone who requires a great level of functionality but at a lower cost than some of our more powerful units, this really helps us open up our market" he explained.
As home networking and mobile office computing becomes more of a commodity, the requirement for secure, reliable and highly accessible storage at a low price point vastly increases. Synology ticks all the boxes, whether you are accessing photos through a web gallery or on your DLNA flatscreen TV, music files through a portable device or backing up sensitive information through a secure file server. The Disk Station will even record and upload network surveillance video to a remote server and alert you of critical events such as movement via email and SMS.
The DS210j and 410j are for Apple lovers too. They both feature full Apple Time Machine support. iPhone and iPod Touch users can stream their entire music and photo library over the network or internet through Synology's DS audio and photo software available free through the Apple App Store. Mac OSX users can backup data to the Disk Station through Apple's native backup software and any iTunes user can browse and stream music and photos over the network or internet.
The new models run on a low powered 800MHz processor, supporting up to 2 or 8TB respectively, multiple RAID configurations and will maintain up to 27MB/s write and 59MB/s read speeds over a gigabit network. As with all Synology products, the new additions to the Disk Station family are based on a cable-free, plug & play design so that hard drives can be installed or swapped out in minutes. The DS410j will support 2.5" and 3.5" drives natively whereas the DS210j requires an optional adaptor bracket.
DS410j - £235.00
DS210j - £145.00
DS410j and DS210j start shipping today.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Google stepping up in Internet of Things, with its Brillo OS
- Want realistic 3D? Microsoft HoloLens should be able to deliver
- Master Ethical Hacking - Save Over 90% On 6 In-Depth Courses
- G.SKILL announces two 'major extreme' OC events for Computex next week
- 48GB worth of Star Citizen assets leak online, swiftly removed
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications