Synology® target budget-conscious home and small business users
The DS210j and DS410j, featuring all the functionality at a lower price
Milton Keynes, UK -November 26, 2009- Synology® UK, leaders in open source network attached storage solutions announced today their new line-up of budget servers designed for home and small business users. The Disk Station DS210j and 410j are packed with file sharing, internet, security and multimedia features as part of Synology's award winning open source firmware. However, the key to success behind these new models are their performance and price.
"Never before has such a feature packed NAS device been such good value" remarked Victor Chiang, Sales & Marketing Director, Synology UK. "The DS210j and 410j are ideal for anyone who requires a great level of functionality but at a lower cost than some of our more powerful units, this really helps us open up our market" he explained.
As home networking and mobile office computing becomes more of a commodity, the requirement for secure, reliable and highly accessible storage at a low price point vastly increases. Synology ticks all the boxes, whether you are accessing photos through a web gallery or on your DLNA flatscreen TV, music files through a portable device or backing up sensitive information through a secure file server. The Disk Station will even record and upload network surveillance video to a remote server and alert you of critical events such as movement via email and SMS.
The DS210j and 410j are for Apple lovers too. They both feature full Apple Time Machine support. iPhone and iPod Touch users can stream their entire music and photo library over the network or internet through Synology's DS audio and photo software available free through the Apple App Store. Mac OSX users can backup data to the Disk Station through Apple's native backup software and any iTunes user can browse and stream music and photos over the network or internet.
The new models run on a low powered 800MHz processor, supporting up to 2 or 8TB respectively, multiple RAID configurations and will maintain up to 27MB/s write and 59MB/s read speeds over a gigabit network. As with all Synology products, the new additions to the Disk Station family are based on a cable-free, plug & play design so that hard drives can be installed or swapped out in minutes. The DS410j will support 2.5" and 3.5" drives natively whereas the DS210j requires an optional adaptor bracket.
DS410j - £235.00
DS210j - £145.00
DS410j and DS210j start shipping today.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- GeForce GT 1030 to cost $80, will compete against RX 550
- 'Kingsman' sequel releases first explosive trailer
- Intel's new Xeon rocks 28C/56T, costs over $12,000
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design