Synology® target budget-conscious home and small business users
The DS210j and DS410j, featuring all the functionality at a lower price
Milton Keynes, UK -November 26, 2009- Synology® UK, leaders in open source network attached storage solutions announced today their new line-up of budget servers designed for home and small business users. The Disk Station DS210j and 410j are packed with file sharing, internet, security and multimedia features as part of Synology's award winning open source firmware. However, the key to success behind these new models are their performance and price.
"Never before has such a feature packed NAS device been such good value" remarked Victor Chiang, Sales & Marketing Director, Synology UK. "The DS210j and 410j are ideal for anyone who requires a great level of functionality but at a lower cost than some of our more powerful units, this really helps us open up our market" he explained.
As home networking and mobile office computing becomes more of a commodity, the requirement for secure, reliable and highly accessible storage at a low price point vastly increases. Synology ticks all the boxes, whether you are accessing photos through a web gallery or on your DLNA flatscreen TV, music files through a portable device or backing up sensitive information through a secure file server. The Disk Station will even record and upload network surveillance video to a remote server and alert you of critical events such as movement via email and SMS.
The DS210j and 410j are for Apple lovers too. They both feature full Apple Time Machine support. iPhone and iPod Touch users can stream their entire music and photo library over the network or internet through Synology's DS audio and photo software available free through the Apple App Store. Mac OSX users can backup data to the Disk Station through Apple's native backup software and any iTunes user can browse and stream music and photos over the network or internet.
The new models run on a low powered 800MHz processor, supporting up to 2 or 8TB respectively, multiple RAID configurations and will maintain up to 27MB/s write and 59MB/s read speeds over a gigabit network. As with all Synology products, the new additions to the Disk Station family are based on a cable-free, plug & play design so that hard drives can be installed or swapped out in minutes. The DS410j will support 2.5" and 3.5" drives natively whereas the DS210j requires an optional adaptor bracket.
DS410j - £235.00
DS210j - £145.00
DS410j and DS210j start shipping today.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League racks up 5 million downloads in only 22 days
- Sony plans to open polls for new PS Plus games
- Facebook expects big things from next step: virtual reality
- Microsoft says PC to Xbox One game streaming is 'challenging'
- Microsoft trying to find ways to boost Xbox One, game sales in China
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Win10 - Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Z68X-UD3-B3
- Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Gaming Headset Review
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia