muvee Reveal Version 8 Home Movie Making Software Is Up To 8x Faster With CUDA-Enabled NVIDIA GeForce GPUs
muvee Reveal Saves Consumers Valuable Time By Leveraging the NVIDIA CUDA Architecture for Video Processing
SANTA CLARA, Calif.-Nov. 24, 2009- NVIDIA Corp. and muvee, the pioneer and leader in home movie making software and services, today announced that consumers with NVIDIA® CUDA-enabled NVIDIA GeForce® and NVIDIA ION graphics processing units (GPUs) installed in their computers will get up to 8 times faster rendering of home movies created with the new muvee Reveal version 8 automatic video editing software.
In just three steps, consumers can create professional-looking home movies with muvee Reveal in minutes by uploading photos and video, selecting music, then choosing a style. With patented face and motion detection, muvee Reveal automatically selects the best scenes and syncs everything to the beat of the music. Users who have NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPUs will see movies render up to 8 times faster and free up their CPUs to perform other tasks.
"Videos are already the preferred means of sharing memories today and we want to improve the user experience not just for the consumers of such videos, but also for the creator. With NVIDIA CUDA graphic cards, users can not only create great looking videos along with complex 3D transitions and effects, but can also render their masterpiece lightning fast due to the large numbers of processor cores which is perfect for the massively parallel nature of what we do," says Terence Swee, CEO, muvee.
For over eight years muvee has been creating automatic video editing software and services for consumers. muvee Reveal version 8 surpasses all previous programs in the muvee family with new enhanced features including optimization for the NVIDIA CUDA architecture.
"GPU computing is revolutionizing the consumer PC experience for photo and video applications," said Michael Steele, general manager of visual consumer solutions at NVIDIA. "muvee Reveal is shockingly easy to use and can turn a disorganized pile of digital photos and videos in to a slick home video in only a few minutes by tapping into the computing power of the GPU with NVIDIA CUDA technology."
The NVIDIA CUDA architecture enables the broadest array of GPU computing programming language support and API support, including Microsoft's DirectCompute, OpenCL, CUDA C, CUDA Fortran, and others. With over 150 million CUDA-enabled GPUs in the market, NVIDIA continues to evolve the CUDA development environment with a growing set of tools, libraries and academic momentum.
Since 2001, muvee has been developing software and services featuring patented technology that lets people create and share professional-quality instant home movies out of unedited video, photos and music. muvee develops consumer products for a range of platforms and devices including PCs, Online (shwup.com), digital cameras, mobile phones and photo kiosks. muvee's global customers include HP, Dell, Nokia, LG, Olympus, Nikon and Creative Technology.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20