OCZ and Symwave Partner to Deliver the Smallest, Highest Performance and Lowest Power USB 3.0 External Storage Product
Companies Will Showcase Leading USB 3.0 and SSD Technology at CES 2010
SAN JOSE & LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif.-November 24, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage and Symwave, a leading silicon supplier of system solutions for SuperSpeed USB devices, today announced a partnership to deliver next generation USB 3.0 solutions at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 7-10, 2010. The first outcome of this partnership is the industry's highest performance external Solid State Drive (SSD) storage product, ideal for consumers demanding uncompromised leading-edge technology. By working with Symwave, OCZ was able to leverage its flash technology expertise and develop even faster cutting-edge solutions making use of the new USB 3.0 standard.
"Thanks to Symwave's industry leading USB 3.0 storage controller, our external SSD device delivers 10x the transfer rate of USB 2.0 at 5Gb/s, as well as several 'green' improvements including superior power management and lower CPU utilization," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "We are determined to be at the forefront of the market by offering products with unparalleled performance, reliability, and design to unleash the potential of flash-based storage."
"OCZ's products are synonymous with high performance. Combining our USB 3.0 controller with their SSD technology, both architected for performance without compromise, is a perfect match," said John O'Neill, Vice President of Marketing at Symwave. "CES will be a showcase for new and innovative products that provide consumers with a dramatically improved user experience. Symwave is committed to delivering silicon and software solutions that will transform the way consumers view and use USB storage devices."
OCZ and Symwave's demonstrations will take place in January during CES at both the Aria Hotel and Hilton Hotel (suite 2900). To schedule a visit, please contact Jessica Luken at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Kappes at email@example.com.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops, and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and premium computer components, including solid state drives and computer power supplies. OCZ products are the first choice for enterprise and consumers needing high-reliability, premium-grade solutions. OCZ's continually invests in R&D to continuously push the limits of performance, speed, and value for consumers, system integrators, and OEM clients. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
About Symwave, Inc.
Symwave is a global fabless semiconductor company developing connectivity SoCs (Systems-on-Chip) and software solutions that enable PCs and other consumer electronic devices to realize the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0. The USB 3.0 standard improves device power management, transfers data tenfold faster and maintains backwards compatibility with the billions of USB ports shipped to date. Symwave's high-performance analog/mixed-signal products leverage the company's proprietary technology, IP and silicon design capabilities to bring the benefits of uncompromised speed in low-cost standard CMOS processes. The company is privately held with headquarters in Orange County, Calif., and design centers in Shenzhen, China, and San Diego, Calif. Symwave is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kodiak Venture Partners and CMEA Ventures and a recent investment by SMSC (NASDAQ: SMSC). Additional information is available at http://www.symwave.com.
Latest News Posts
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood