OCZ and Symwave Partner to Deliver the Smallest, Highest Performance and Lowest Power USB 3.0 External Storage Product
Companies Will Showcase Leading USB 3.0 and SSD Technology at CES 2010
SAN JOSE & LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif.-November 24, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage and Symwave, a leading silicon supplier of system solutions for SuperSpeed USB devices, today announced a partnership to deliver next generation USB 3.0 solutions at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 7-10, 2010. The first outcome of this partnership is the industry's highest performance external Solid State Drive (SSD) storage product, ideal for consumers demanding uncompromised leading-edge technology. By working with Symwave, OCZ was able to leverage its flash technology expertise and develop even faster cutting-edge solutions making use of the new USB 3.0 standard.
"Thanks to Symwave's industry leading USB 3.0 storage controller, our external SSD device delivers 10x the transfer rate of USB 2.0 at 5Gb/s, as well as several 'green' improvements including superior power management and lower CPU utilization," said Eugene Chang, Vice President of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "We are determined to be at the forefront of the market by offering products with unparalleled performance, reliability, and design to unleash the potential of flash-based storage."
"OCZ's products are synonymous with high performance. Combining our USB 3.0 controller with their SSD technology, both architected for performance without compromise, is a perfect match," said John O'Neill, Vice President of Marketing at Symwave. "CES will be a showcase for new and innovative products that provide consumers with a dramatically improved user experience. Symwave is committed to delivering silicon and software solutions that will transform the way consumers view and use USB storage devices."
OCZ and Symwave's demonstrations will take place in January during CES at both the Aria Hotel and Hilton Hotel (suite 2900). To schedule a visit, please contact Jessica Luken at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Kappes at email@example.com.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops, and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and premium computer components, including solid state drives and computer power supplies. OCZ products are the first choice for enterprise and consumers needing high-reliability, premium-grade solutions. OCZ's continually invests in R&D to continuously push the limits of performance, speed, and value for consumers, system integrators, and OEM clients. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com.
About Symwave, Inc.
Symwave is a global fabless semiconductor company developing connectivity SoCs (Systems-on-Chip) and software solutions that enable PCs and other consumer electronic devices to realize the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0. The USB 3.0 standard improves device power management, transfers data tenfold faster and maintains backwards compatibility with the billions of USB ports shipped to date. Symwave's high-performance analog/mixed-signal products leverage the company's proprietary technology, IP and silicon design capabilities to bring the benefits of uncompromised speed in low-cost standard CMOS processes. The company is privately held with headquarters in Orange County, Calif., and design centers in Shenzhen, China, and San Diego, Calif. Symwave is backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kodiak Venture Partners and CMEA Ventures and a recent investment by SMSC (NASDAQ: SMSC). Additional information is available at http://www.symwave.com.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- Hideo Kojima: The players are everything, I get my energy from them
- ASUS unveils a Windows 10-powered PC-on-a-stick with the new VivoStick
- You can now download Epic's awesome 'Showdown' VR experience
- body to struggle with Mental Health
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015