Futuremark Announces Over Twenty Nine Thousand Contestants Try, But Only 7 Score Perfect 10K 3DMarks
Saratoga, California - November 23rd, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation today released results for the first two weeks of their OverclocKing 2009 contest. Thousands have entered but only 7 contestants have managed to score perfect 10,000 3DMarks. Futuremark's 3DMark® 10K Challenge is the newest addition to the wide array of skill base challenges that test the abilities of overclockers worldwide.
Using Intel's latest i7 and i5 CPUs, current record scores have been recorded on the latest P55 platform out of over thirty-two hundred entries thus far.
Random prizes (Shattered Horizon Zero-G FPS game) are awarded daily to contestants who enter the 10K 3DMark Challenge as well as all contestants who score a perfect 10K 3DMarks.
The contest continues through November 30th 2009. Futuremark expects the total number of entries to exceed 35,000 worldwide. There is still one week of the contest left, so get overclocking!
Contestants are competing to see who can achieve the highest score with 3DMark06, a benchmark program from Futuremark that measures the 3D gaming performance capabilities of PCs. 3DMark software has been downloaded more than 45 million times. The 3DMark06 edition is currently the world's most popular benchmark and can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website. http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/
About Futuremark® Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs and smartphones. Futuremark® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMark® (with more than 45 million copies distributed worldwide), PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark and value-added services powered by the ORB, an online database of over 30 million real life benchmarking results. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards