Futuremark Announces Over Twenty Nine Thousand Contestants Try, But Only 7 Score Perfect 10K 3DMarks
Saratoga, California - November 23rd, 2009 - Futuremark® Corporation today released results for the first two weeks of their OverclocKing 2009 contest. Thousands have entered but only 7 contestants have managed to score perfect 10,000 3DMarks. Futuremark's 3DMark® 10K Challenge is the newest addition to the wide array of skill base challenges that test the abilities of overclockers worldwide.
Using Intel's latest i7 and i5 CPUs, current record scores have been recorded on the latest P55 platform out of over thirty-two hundred entries thus far.
Random prizes (Shattered Horizon Zero-G FPS game) are awarded daily to contestants who enter the 10K 3DMark Challenge as well as all contestants who score a perfect 10K 3DMarks.
The contest continues through November 30th 2009. Futuremark expects the total number of entries to exceed 35,000 worldwide. There is still one week of the contest left, so get overclocking!
Contestants are competing to see who can achieve the highest score with 3DMark06, a benchmark program from Futuremark that measures the 3D gaming performance capabilities of PCs. 3DMark software has been downloaded more than 45 million times. The 3DMark06 edition is currently the world's most popular benchmark and can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website. http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/
About Futuremark® Corporation
Futuremark® Corporation is the leading provider of performance analysis software and services for PCs and smartphones. Futuremark® is known around the world for its benchmark products, including 3DMark® (with more than 45 million copies distributed worldwide), PCMark®, SPMark and VGMark and value-added services powered by the ORB, an online database of over 30 million real life benchmarking results. Futuremark maintains offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit http://www.futuremark.com/
Latest News Posts
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!