Synology® Launches Budget-Friendly Disk Station DS210j and DS410j for Home and Small Office
Taipei, Taiwan-November 23, 2009-Synology® Inc. today officially announced the launch of Synology DS210j and Synology DS410j. Both models offer versatile multimedia applications at a significantly lower price point for home and small office.
Synology DS210j and Synology DS410j are both equipped with 800 MHz CPU, 128 MB DDRII RAM, and one Gigabit LAN port, while Synology DS210j has 3 USB ports, and Synology DS410j has 2. The capability of supporting 2 TB hard drives enables Synology DS210j and Synology DS410j to hold storage capacity up to 4 TB and 8 TB. The cable-less design delivers hassle-free installation. Without the need for data cables, the installation of hard drives is extremely easy. The built-in disk holders of the DS410j enable you to install both 3.5" and 2.5" hard drives. To install 2.5" hard drives on the DS210j, an optional 2.5" Disk Holder Type C is available for purchase.
Included with all Synology products is the renowned system firmware, Disk Station Manager 2.2 (DSM 2.2), and Synology DS210j and DS410j both feature this exclusive firmware which makes them ideal for file sharing and multimedia content streaming. The DLNA compliant media server ensures the compatibility and interoperability between Synology Disk Station and a wide range of DLNA-certified home devices. Photo Station 3 and the PHP+MySQL built-in Web Station helps users to enrich their web presence, allowing the hosting of up to 30 websites with dynamic web pages. Surveillance Station 3 provides an easy and economical solution to network video recording and now offers SMS notification upon occurrence of pre-determined critical events.
Moreover, support for iPhoneTM and Apple ® Time Machine ® increases the flexibility of DS210j and DS410j to the Apple user community. Music can be streamed to an iPhone and iPod touch via DS audio and photos can be uploaded using DS photo; both applications from Synology are available to download for free on Apple App Store. Time Machine support allows Mac OS X users to back up desktop data to Synology DS410j and DS210j using native software that they are used to.
"This much power and functionality in a NAS server has never before been available at this low price, which makes Synology DS210j and Synology DS410j ideal solutions for budget-minded businesses or home users," commented Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology. Statistics from the Synology testing lab shows an average speed of 25MB/s in Windows writing and 42MB/s in Windows reading for Synology DS410j when configured as RAID 5. For Synology DS210j, the average speed of 27MB/s in Windows writing and 59MB/s in Windows reading were found in RAID 1 configuration.
DS410j and DS210j start shipping today.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Wooting one analog mechanical keyboard hits Kickstarter
- Next-gen 4K-ready Xbox coming in 2017, could sport external GPU
- Microsoft to unveil a Shield TV-like Xbox set-top box at E3
- New Xbox One hardware will play 4K video, not 4K games
- Prepare for a career in ethical hacking with this bundle
- Corsair LAPDOG Gaming Control Center Review
- Fitbit Alta Fitness Wristband Review
- Does this look like a good and compatible setup/buy?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition