Introducing the ThecusĀ® i8500 iSCSI Storage Device
Advanced data security and flexibility for the modern enterprise
11/18/2009 - Storing, securing, and managing data is vital for virtually every business today. This is why companies require storage solutions that deliver on all of these fronts while remaining cost effective. For these users, ThecusĀ® Technology, a worldwide leader in digital storage, is pleased to introduce the i8500 Storage Device, a cutting-edge data storage solution for the enterprise user.
In business, users have to be ready for the unexpected, which is why the i8500 was engineered with total data security in mind. It begins by giving the system administrator a bevy of RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60 and JBOD for ultimate flexibility and data protection. The eight SATA II hard disk bays of the i8500 can accommodate up to 16TB of storage, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports allow users to access stored data quickly. To further ensure data integrity, the i8500 can also be configured with an optional battery backup module (BBM), a Li-ion battery that retains unwritten data inside RAM for up to 72 hours. Once power is restored, this data is automatically written to the disks for safe keeping. The i8500 can even take up to 32 snapshot versions, allowing admins to easily rollback any changes made to the system. With features like these, the i8500 is a digital stronghold for the corporate network.
But the i8500 is also built for flexibility. With online disk roaming, admins can easily remove the hard disks and install them into another i8500 unit while retaining all stored data. Got a large organization? The i8500 can also support 32 host cluster connections per volume, which means that up to 32 users can access a particular volume simultaneously and offers a centralized data storage pool for even large organizations. The flexibility continues with support for Windows, MAC OS and Linux, as well as online volume expansion and migration, auto-rebuilding, and support for up to 256 logical volumes. Snappy system response is delivered by the onboard IntelĀ® Xscale IOP Processor and 1GB of DDR RAM, which provides transfer speeds of up to 150MB/s with a single port and 190MB/s with dual ports.
"The i8500 raises the bar once again for enterprise-class storage," said Florence Shih, Thecus General Manager. "With massive storage capacity, iron-clad data protection, and nearly infinite flexibility, the i8500 is ideal for corporate environments where data security and availability are paramount."
ThecusĀ® Technology Corp. specializes in IP Storage Server solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS) , DAS, External Storage and Wireless Media NAS (Bank ) products. The company was established in 2004 with the mission to make technology as transparent and easy-to-use as possible, and to make products that are not only the best on the market, but are accessible to experts and novices alike. With a best-in-class R&D team highly experienced in storage hardware and Linux software and with a keen customer focus, ThecusĀ® stays close to the market to develop high-quality products to fulfill the storage Server needs of today's world
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- PokĆ©mon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand