OCZ Technology Launches Cutting-Edge High-Capacity Colossus 3.5" SSD Line with up to One Terabyte of Storage
San Jose, Calif.-November 17, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and flash-based storage as an alternative to hard disk drives (HDDs), today released the Colossus 3.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, designed to meet the performance and storage demands of high-end desktop users and enterprise clients. Available in up to one terabyte configurations, the Colossus Series marks a milestone in solid state drive technology, making it possible to have both high performance and high capacity in one solution.
"The new Colossus Series is designed to boost desktop and workstation performance and is for high power users that put a premium on speed, reliability and maximum storage capacity," said Eugene Chang, VP of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "The Colossus core-architecture is also available to enterprise clients with locked BOMs (build of materials) and customized firmware to match their unique applications."
In addition to ample capacity, the OCZ Colossus delivers excellent performance made possible by an internal RAID 0 architecture. Excelling at small file processes during common tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and file transfer, Colossus allows for a state-of-the-art computing experience from basic to complex applications:
For enterprise applications, Colossus SSDs not only diminish performance bottlenecks suffered by mechanical hard drive infrastructures, but reduce both heat and noise and provide a more durable alternative. This translates into exceptional energy-savings and reduced maintenance costs. Furthermore, the Colossus line is built with cost-effective multi-level cell (MLC) flash to make it a viable option for enterprise clients hesitant to adopt competing products due to the higher costs.
The Colossus SSD is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB solutions to accommodate a broader spectrum of applications than current 2.5" SSD products; the 3.5" housing is a straight drop in for many existing rack systems. The Colossus SSD series has an excellent 1.5 million hour mean time between failures (MTBF) and comes backed by a leading 3-year warranty and dedicated technical support, ensuring peace of mind over the long term. Additionally, OCZ offers unique customization options for OEM clients that may require tailored hardware and firmware solutions for their unique business.
For more information on the OCZ Colossus SSD Series, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops, and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and premium computer components, including solid state drives and computer power supplies. OCZ products are the first choice for enterprise and consumers needing high-reliability, premium-grade solutions. OCZ's continually invests in R&D to continuously push the limits of performance, speed, and value for consumers, system integrators, and OEM clients. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog